Download error with bank accounts

RIck
RIck Member ✭✭✭
I have several CD's, savings and checking accounts with Southern Security FCU.  Until about a week or so ago, downloads worked perfectly.  Then all of a sudden I started getting errors.  Download error (-28)  QCS-Server_Error: 323.  I tried to reconnect by going into settings, change connection type and re-select Southern Security FCU for a single account.  Still won't connect.  Then I went to the troubleshooting tab for each account and deactivated downloads so that I could set them all back up.  No change - still got errors.

I then created a Test file.  I added a new account, found Southern Security FCU, entered username & password.  All of the accounts showed up.  I selected the Add for each, left the default Quicken names.  They appeared in quicken but 3 CD's in one account show $0 after the connection was complete.  I tried to do the update account and get the same error as above.  

How do I get this resolved?

EDIT:  I went back to my original Quicken file and tried to log into the bank and link the accounts and while using the same login credentials, I don't have all of the CD's showing up as I did in the new test account.  This is very confusing.

Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100)
macOS 10.15.7
Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Rick

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

The meaning of the 323 error is a Duplicate account issue– There are two accounts that appear to the software to be the same.  An account in the XML response matches multiple accounts in the XML request.

This error will require a call to support and a review of the log files to determine the error and to escalate the issue for resolution.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please let us know how it goes with support.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    So, all of the accounts had been working so what changed on the Quicken side?  And do I just contact support letting them know I'm getting the 323 error and they will explain how to get the log file?
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @Quicken_Tyka
    Well, I chatted with support twice this morning.  Once with Delilia who left and ended the conversation while I was getting her the Quicken version I'm using.  The second chat with Diego didn't solve the issue.  He says it is a bank issue and even though I linked this post and added your comment about the error regarding a log file, he wasn't interested in that.  

I did create a new quicken file while on the chat per his request.  I did the same as in my 1st post above.  11 accounts to add.  8 came in with $ amounts.  3 showed $0.  I get the same 323 error on those $0 accounts when I try to update.  

Here is what I noticed today.  At the bank the accounts are referenced by account # and a suffix.  The bank account names were used in Quicken Connect when I set them up originally years ago. XXXX, YYYY and ZZZZ represent account #'s.  9 accounts tracked

XXXX-S1 for Savings
    XXXX-S7 for checking
    YYYY-S1 For Savings 2
    XXXX-V500 for Visa Credit Card
    XXXX-C2 for CD 1
    XXXX-C4 for CD 2
    XXXX-C5 for CD 3
    XXXX-C7 for CD 4
    XXXX-C8 for CD 5

When I do the Quicken Connect today the Quicken Names in the add/link window are like:
    Checking 0  (only 1 listed)
    Checking 1 (2 but descriptions are different. Quicken thinks they are Type: Checking but are CD's and import fine when the type is changed to Savings)
    Savings 0 (only 1 listed)
    Savings 1 (only 1 listed and I don't track this in Quicken)
    Unknown 1 (which I get 3 times but with different descriptions and the Type in the window is blank.  I change to Savings to connect).
    Credit Card 0 (only get 1)
    XXXX-S1 (only get 1)
    ZZZZ-S1 (only get 1 and I don't track this in Quicken)

In my real Quicken file, when I try to link I only see 8 accounts available for linking.  The 3 identified as "Unknown 1" in the test quicken file do not show up at all in the add/link window.

During the Chat, I remembered that there was an issue with Quicken Connect about a month ago regarding downloading account information and changes were made.  I mentioned it in the chat but the response was it had to be my bank and not Quicken.  Could the Quicken Connect change have anything to do with my issue?  I don't think that my bank would change account names for Quicken to be ambiguous.  

I'd really like to get this resolved.

• awhite51
    awhite51 Member
    edited November 2020
    This will be the last year I use Quicken when my subscription ends:

Problem:

I have four CD's under my name at American Heritage Federal Credit Union. Late last year they started downloading the same interest deposits into all four CD's. At that time I was using a PC. I deleted and recreated all accounts, signed in and out of the cloud, but the problem persisted. In February of this year I was planning on moving to a Mac, so I did no call support, thinking the problem would be resolved on the Mac. It wasn't, it did the same things.

I delayed calling support because I had to have surgery and decided just to add the interest payments manually. However, a month ago I decided it was not worth waiting so long on the phone when there were other products out there. So I went to [removed - no soliciting], set up an account, and the first thing I did was download the CD's. They worked perfectly, correct balances and interest payments. I then did the same thing in [removed - no soliciting]. They also downloaded fine. Then to be fair I went to Quicken's new Simplifi and set up an account and downloaded the CD's there also. To my amazement, it did the same thing it did on my Mac. All accounts with wrong balances and interest payments where they should not be.

Since this was obviously a Quicken issue, I decided to call support with the information above. To my amazement they told me it was a bank issue. (Translation, it's your problem). I started an online conversation with Simplifi to terminate my account. They wanted to know why so I explained to them. They basically said OK with no offer to help.

It seems that the protocol that Quicken is using to communicate with American Heritage Federal Credit Union is not right. This is the largest Credit Union in Philadelphia. It would seem like Quicken would like to get it right. But that is apparently not the case. This is my last attempt to get some answers before I let my subscription expire.

Al
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Rick

Thank you for providing those additional details, although I'm sorry to hear that the contacts with Support were unable to resolve this issue.

I'd like to investigate this matter further and review the log files that detail the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institution.  I'd like to see the account name data as it's being transmitted to determine where the root of this issue might lie.

If you haven't already, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, select the boxes for each file listed and when ready click Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @Quicken Sarah

So, do you need these that are checked?  I prefer not to send data regarding accounts and balances and am unsure what data is in the checked files shown in the image. And for clarification none of the accounts are currently linked to pull data from the bank.

EDIT:  I just restored a saved file from Sept. and did an update on it.  I assume that one would have a good set of log files but i still don't know which ones to check.  

• RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah 

Please see above but I have sent the files to Quicken for review.  I hope there isn't any personal info/data in those files.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @awhite51

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

A review of the logs will be needed to determine the underlying cause of this issue. To do so, may I please ask that you first, create a test file first and provide the logs from that file.

To do so, please navigate to File > New choose "Start From Scratch" then add these CD accounts.

Once, done, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and title the report as "Attn: Tyka and please include all of the logs.

Once this has been completed, please respond and let me know the report has been submitted.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • awhite51
    awhite51 Member
    Tyka:

I have sent the reports you requested.

Allen
  • awhite51
    awhite51 Member
    Sorry Tyra. I sent the files twice since the first time I did not send them to your attention.

Allen
  • bambam80
    bambam80 Member ✭✭
    I have this same issues. Spent ~2-3 hours with Quicken Support on Nov 12 trying to resolve and another hour with CU with no resolution. My last successful transaction download for accounts (4) with error was on Oct 28, 2020. I created a New Quicken file to see if this would resolve the issue with no success. I've noticed in the list of CU accounts presented in Quicken, the four accounts I have with this error show a account Name of "Unknown xx..." and the type field (i.e. Savings, Checking) is not set link other accounts from this CU. The "Unknown..." account names are not unique, the account description is unique. This issue appears to be similar to this QuickBook issue: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking-topics/fix-banking-error-323/00/185414# , the resolution is to make the account name unique. Unfortunately, it's not possible to make account name unique with my credit union.
  • ericNdfw
    ericNdfw Member ✭✭
    I too have been seeing this issue for a few of my CU accounts since at least 11/4/20. The accounts have unique names but all accounts of the same type there have the same last 4 digits of their account numbers. For instance, all checking accounts end in -S0050 and savings all end in -S0000

The accounts I'm having issues with right now are 2 checking accounts and 1 savings account.
  • bambam80
    bambam80 Member ✭✭
    Same here, the accounts I now have issue with are those that do not have unique account number ending digits. In my case the last 7 digits are not unique. Downloads work correctly for those accounts with unique ending digits. What's more puzzling is that Quicken cannot discern if they are savings or checking accounts? I assume that's why they have Account Name & Description of "Unknown xx###-####", then xx###-#### are the last seven digits of my CU accounts.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @Quicken Sarah   @Quicken_Tyka

I only get 2 accounts with account #'s and the suffix.  The others have checkingX, SavingsX or unknownX.  Are y'alls actually separate accounts or a subset of an account?  My CU has accounts like 1234567-S1 for savings, 1234567-S7 for checking and 1234567-C1 for a CD  which is actually 1 main bank account.  I have 4 main bank accounts there.

I read the QuickBook issue: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking-topics/fix-banking-error-323/00/185414#.  Thanks for that. I went to my CU's website and one can change the Nickname on the account.  Even though each already had a unique account name (due to the suffixes) and a unique Nickname, I edited the nicknames.  Account numbers can not be edited.  The edited nicknames do not show up when I try to link into Quicken. The link above says "If you have two accounts with the same name, or the last 4 digits of the account numbers are the same, you may get an error."  All of mine do have different last 4 characters.  Like "7-S1" and "7-S7" and 7-C2 and 7-C4. It should be noted that unknown1, unknown2 & unknown3 also have different last 4 characters  :D 

Sorry y'all are having issues but since you are, I am believing more that this is a Quicken issue and not an issue with my (our) credit union(s).  FWIW, I sent the log files 2 days ago.  I have not received any response as to whether it was received or is being reviewed.  Since I disconnected all of the accounts trying to get this resolved, none update now.
  • awhite51
    awhite51 Member
    I appeared to have solved my problem. After reading some of the discussions above I went into the bank account and gave each CD a unique nickname, even though the actual account numbers were all different. After setting up the accounts again in quicken, the correct balances were downloaded.

I still feel that this is a Quicken issue. You should not have to go into your bank account and use the nickname feature when the accounts already have unique numbers. Quicken should recognize those names. We will check to see if this solution sticks.
  • ericNdfw
    ericNdfw Member ✭✭
    I removed transaction download capability from the 3 problematic accounts, did a QFX download on one of them and imported into Quicken and that worked. So I re-removed that setting from it and tried reconnecting automatic download and now that account doesn't even show up in the list of accounts found from my CU. I just tried re-nicknaming the account but no luck, still doesn't find it in the list of accounts found. This is highly annoying.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    The original nicknames on my accounts were unique but I changed them anyway.  

I have 4 main accounts at this CU but I only track 2 in Quicken.  When I log into one of them I can see all 4 accounts and their different sub accounts (Checking, Savings, & CD's).  I only used that 1 account when I linked them all originally since all could be seen by Quicken.  Now when I link to that account in Quicken I am only seeing the 3 that are actually under the account # (all still can be seen on the CU website).  So I decided to try to link in Quicken using the other account number that I track to see if the sub-accounts can be linked.  While I can log into the account on the CU website,  I'm now getting this error in Quicken:  

Sync Error Warning

Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:discover.no.account.found)

EDIT:  I created a "Start from Scratch" quicken file and I can bring in and link all 9 accounts when I use the 1 account# for 3 and the other account# for 6.  So, when I went back to my real Quicken file, I linked the account with 3 sub accounts and when I try to connect to the other account # with 6, I still get the error above.

• Hello @Rlck

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. With the aggregator in error that you're receiving is something that we'll need to have checked on our side but we'll need the logs in order to find out exactly what's going on. When you have a chance could you contact Quicken Support phone so that we're able to assist you in getting the issue fixed. I'll also leave our phones ours down below so you're able to find a time that works best for you. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @Quicken Sarah @Quicken_Francisco

And why are my comments now being flagged that they are held to be reviewed?
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @Quicken_Francisco

What happened to the logs I submitted last week to @Quicken Sarah ?
    They weren't this error but the initial errors I reported at the beginning of this thread.
  • bambam80
    bambam80 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Francisco

"When you have a chance could you contact Quicken Support phone so that we're able to assist you in getting the issue fixed."

I just spoke to Quicken Support, they recommended I monitor this thread for resolution to this issue. Doesn't seem like anyone in support wants to be accountable for providing status/resolution.

I too have sent log files to support and understand that development is looking into this issue. Please update this post if and when the issue is resolved.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Well, I called Support and I have it working BUT:
    1. I lost all attached pdf's, etc. to transactions.  (I did not know I'd loose these but I did have them going back years.  Would like to have had a choice to save some of them as I sometimes refer back for exactly what model did I buy and for warranty purposes. Old file was 125+ MB,  new file is 21.5 MB)
    2. Re-linked CU accounts.  When I logged into the bank to link, I saw all 11 available sub accounts.  I tried to link to the 9 that I use.  All but 1 linked.  I then tried to link that 1 by logging into that specific account and linking.  That worked.
    3. All of my other accounts (other banks, TD Ameritrade, & mutual fund accounts) stayed linked but 2 of my American Century accounts had "Buy's" that did not have which fund was purchased and showed 0 shares.  I exported the CSV file for those 2 Quicken accounts from my actual Quicken file and was able to fix the Buy entries.
    4. You will have to reset all of your column headings and selections (Shares In, Shares Out, Share Balance, Deposit , Withdrawal, etc like you originally had on the accounts.)
    5.  I did find that a couple accounts had a starting Add shares, remove shares, or something similar that changed the share balance of the account. I deleted those transactions and got the share balance correct.
    6. One of my Hidden closed accounts had a balance of -$13.00.  I manually edited a transaction so it would show $0.

The fix:
    One needs to export their Quicken file and create a new file.
    1.  In Quicken go to File > Export > Quicken Transfer File (QXF...)
    2. Type in a new name and select a folder to save the file.
    3. Once done, in Quicken go to File > New and choose:  Start from a Windows file.  That is the file type of the export.  Choose Next.  The file will import.
    4. Re-link your bank/CU accounts.
    5. I took a snapshot of the left column of my real file to show the accounts and $ amounts to compare to the new file.  I have a couple stocks and a TD Ameritrade account that was getting prices during the day so I verified the # of shares with my original file.

All in all this took about 2 hours including writing this up after I got off the phone.  Since I've been a Quicken user since before Mac 2007 and the database/file structure has been changed with various updates, I believe I now have a more stable file - at least hopefully I do.  I certainly hope this is a permanent fix.  But as I said above, I hate that I lost the attachments.  I just checked and when one opens an attachment, it can be saved.  I may go through my accounts and save the attachments and re-attach.  I don't need them all.  Well, something else to do later today.   :)

• ericNdfw
    ericNdfw Member ✭✭
    edited November 2020
    [removed-rant/unhelpful]
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Well, I was looking at the wrong files when I gave the sizes above.  My old file was 134.7MB and now my new file is 91MB.  I did save 33 attachments from my old file and re-attached in the new file.  I had probably around 80 or so attachments.

While this did take a little work, everything is currently working.  I did have to re-link my Ally accounts and credit cards.  Brokerage and mutual fund accounts stayed linked for some reason.  I'm satisfied since it is all back working even though it took a little work.
  • bambam80
    bambam80 Member ✭✭
    I tried this "fix" (below) last week, after hours of work still getting error: Download error (-28) QCS-Server_Error: 323 for the four out of nine accounts at my CU.

If I start a new Quicken file from scratch and just try to link this one CU, 5 of the accounts link, the four other at issue still have the download error. Problem still open with Quicken Support.

This did not solve the issue for me unfortunately:
    "The fix:
    One needs to export their Quicken file and create a new file.
    1. In Quicken go to File > Export > Quicken Transfer File (QXF...)
    2. Type in a new name and select a folder to save the file.
    3. Once done, in Quicken go to File > New and choose: Start from a Windows file. That is the file type of the export. Choose Next. The file will import.
    4. Re-link your bank/CU accounts.
    5. I took a snapshot of the left column of my real file to show the accounts and $ amounts to compare to the new file. I have a couple stocks and a TD Ameritrade account that was getting prices during the day so I verified the # of shares with my original file."
  • Mullen66
    Mullen66 Member
    I'm having the same problem as several above. I have spent hours on the phone with support. Ever since I updated back in Oct that was the last time it worked. I have since updated to Mac Big Sur and quicken version 6.01. I too have all checking accounts end in -S0050 and savings all end in -S0000. I have Joint accounts with my kids. I no longer get any checking and only my savings. I can no longer link or connect accounts in the main quicken file. If I create a test file the all show up but I get the same 323 error.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Francisco  @Quicken Sarah   @Quicken_Tyka

Any update on this issue?  Several have sent log files, had chats and tried phone support.  No resolution yet.