Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Converting from Windows to Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken Account Sync Error.

Comments

• I am having trouble with migration from Windows to MAC IOS.

When I opened a QIF file in the MAC version the system went through the conversion process and everything looked OK.

When I tried to open a second QIF file in the MAC version I get the following window.

(see screenshot)

Is the system telling me that the MAC version can only handle one account at a time? The Windows version allows me to move back and forth between the two accounts.

Additionally, I have a dividend reinvestment account that appears just fine in the Windows version but shows a negative balance in the MAC version.

This is a screen shot of the Windows version

This is a screen shot of the MAC version.

The MAC version makes no sense at all and I cannot find a way to fix it.

Can anybody out there help me?
  • The first screen says, "Quicken can only import files to empty documents."
  • Is there a way to send more than one screen shot?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @doughalbert553,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please, refer to this Community FAQ on how to post a screenshot if posting from a Windows PC and this Community FAQ if posting from a Mac.

Last, if you haven't already, please review and follow the instructions found in this support article on how to convert from Windows to Mac.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja