One Step Update

Is anyone else having problems with One Step Update? About two months ago I was told by technical support that they were aware of problems with One Step Update, and that the development team was working on it. Todate I have not seen any update, and my One Step Update is still not working properly. When I run a One Step Update manually there appears a funny little symbol next to several of the accounts, and when complete the summary only shows a portion of the accounts that were updated. Looking at the accounts, all that have downloaded transactions have the "red flag" next to them, even if that account did not show in the summary. Very annoying....

Answers

• Hello @bruce_coghill

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like the red flags are on every account for the most part. We have a couple of things we can try to see if we're able to fix  those.  The first step I'll recommend here is to follow the article here for troubleshooting red flags.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7679372/faq-quicken-windows-2018-red-flag-but-no-transactions-to-review-bug

Next if that doesn't help I'd recommend looking at the article here made by UKR and follow the steps he's provided.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7851545/faq-troubleshooting-101-installation-and-data-file-problems-quicken-for-windows

Once you get a chance to try these out let us know how they work! 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• The problem is not with the Red Flags. They appear as normally expected, and I can deal with them in a normal manner. The real problem is that the scheduled One Step Updates are not functioning as scheduled. Also every time I close Quicken I get a dialogue box telling me that a scheduled One Step Update did not occur as scheduled, and do I want to activate it now. If I click Yes, it then asked for the vault password. I enter the password and it proceeds. The next time I open Quicken I see the One Step Update Summary.
    When I run a One Step Update manually there appears a funny little symbol next to several of the accounts, and when complete the summary only shows a portion of the accounts that were updated.
  • Now I am unable to open Quicken. Just get the dialogue box mentioned above. Have a screenshot if that is of any help.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @bruce_coghill

I'm sorry to hear that issues are persisting and now Quicken is no longer opening and thank you reporting this issue to the community.

The screenshot would be very helpful, thank you for offering it.

Are you able to open Quicken without a data file loaded?  If you aren't sure, please try by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on the keyboard and double-clicking the Quicken icon on the desktop view.

Quicken should open to a gray window with only the File and Help menu's available in the upper left corner.  If so, please try to open your data file.

If not, does anything happen when you select the Quicken icon?  Do you receive any type of errors or a prompt to submit a crash report to Bugsplat?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Thanks Sarah, however I now have Quicken opening, think the problem may have been the result of a significant Microsoft update to Windows 10. I also tried to reply to your email, and include the screenshots. Reply failed (undeliverable), so how can I get these screenshots into the discussion. One Step Update (scheduled) still not working.
  • Hello @bruce_coghill

Thank you for the response and the additional details!

To share your screenshots with the Community, please drag the images to the comment box. This will attach the images to the comment.

Responses may not be added via email, you will need to visit the Community to add a response.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    does your computer go into Hibernate mode at night? I'm guessing, but if it does, that could be why your Scheduled Update does not run at night. Ditto for Sleep mode without proper advanced wake up options ... if you haven't done so, please review these settings in Control Panel.
  • My computer does not go into Hiberrnate or Sleep. Have inactive time to perform updates.
  • Hello @bruce_coghill

Thank you for the response and for the additional details.

If you are still experiencing this trouble, I would next attempt to sign out and sign back into the program.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Please let me know if the resolves the issue or if the trouble persists.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thank you for the response, unfortunately that did not solve the problem. Still exists as described before.
  • Hello @bruce_coghill

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results, although I apologize the steps did not work to correct the issue.

Next, I would recommend resetting the cloud.
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    Please let me know if the trouble persists after completing this step.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Thank you. But i found no reference to resetting a cloud account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    "Reset your cloud data" only appears if "Sync" is on.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note in the past it used to be there without turning on Mobile/Web sync, but they removed it.

These days if you want to do the equivalent without changing the setting in your data file you have to first create a new data file, set it up for Mobile/Web sync and then go to:
    Edit -> Preferences-> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> select link Cloud accounts with this Quicken ID(x) 

From there you can delete the cloud account for the first data file.
    It will be recreated when you do your first One Step Update.
    Signature:
  • Chris,
    I do not use Mobile/Web sync, nor do I have a Cloud Account. Just installed the latest upgrade (R30.9), and the problem with the One Step Update is still there as outlined above. One small piece of good news, the latest update did correct problems with "Bill Updates".
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You have a "Cloud Account".  You can't use Quicken without it. Your Quicken Id is the "username" for it.  The Quicken cloud account stores more than just "mobile/web data".  It holds data for features like the Credit Score, X-Ray Portfolio, Zillow, ...

What's more they are in the process of changing Express Web Connect over to use "QCS" which is the same "sync".

See this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync
    Signature:
  • Thanks Chris for the detailed reply. However I am "sorta lost in the weeds", and unsure as to the next steps I need to take. My thought is that I may need a "share the screen" remote. How can the tech that I have the remote with see this thread?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Chris for the detailed reply. However I am "sorta lost in the weeds", and unsure as to the next steps I need to take. My thought is that I may need a "share the screen" remote. How can the tech that I have the remote with see this thread?

Give them this URL:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883060/one-step-update
    Signature:
  • Chris, Thanks for the information. I did have a remote with technical support, and now have the scheduled updates working. However, I am seeing something unusual; if the scheduled update completes, then when I open Quicken I immediately see the One Step Update summary. But if the scheduled One Step Update does not complete totally, when I open Quicken I do not see the summary. Then when I close Quicken, following the complete closure a dialogue box opens telling me that the scheduled Open Step Update did not complete and would I like to run it now. No errors messages appear.
    When I run the Open Step Update manually, if it does not complete fully I get the summary with error messages. Why can this not happen with a scheduled update???
  • Will the Scheduled One Step Update function when the computer is in a "hibernate mode"? Also must the vault password be entered before each Scheduled One Step Update?
  • Hello @bruce_coghill

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you have not received an answer yet.

If you have not done so already, I would take a moment to review the information on scheduled updates available at the link below:

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-schedule-when-quicken-updates-account-information

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • When does Windows startup occur? Does Quicken have to be open for the Scheduled One Step Update to run? If I sign out but leave the computer running is Windows still open?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Scheduled One Step Update function when the computer is in a "hibernate mode"? Also must the vault password be entered before each Scheduled One Step Update?
    Just saw this.  The scheduled One Step Update certainly will not run if the computer is in hibernate mode.  As for when you will be prompted.  Even though it says "At Windows startup" that isn't exactly right.  It is really "When you log in" (Windows, not Quicken).
    Signature: