When will Quick repair the memorized payee problems

eshatilla
eshatilla Unconfirmed, Member
[removed-speculation/inaccurate] Problems with Memorized Payees. Syncing to the cloud destroys Memorized Payees and all Support told me was to use a backup or take my files out of OneDrive. Neither of these solutions work. The splits and checkmarks are being removed. [removed-speculation/inaccurate]

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @eshatillla,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Although, I apologize as we do not have an ETA on this.

Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (QWIN-18081)
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @eshatillla,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Although, I apologize as we do not have an ETA on this.

Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!
    (QWIN-18081)
    -Quicken Anja
  • cfischy
    cfischy Member ✭✭
    edited May 30
    Hi,

I use a memorized split transaction to enter my semi-monthly payroll data. Some of the split entries are for transfers to accounts like my 401k and employee stock purchase plan. Recently, when I use the memorized transaction, all the memorized lines exist, the amounts are all correct but the categories for the lines associated with the transfers are missing. For these lines, the categories should be the name of the account to which funds are transferred but are now blank. This worked fine for countless years and is now broken.

I have rememorized this transaction multiple times with the same frustrating result.
  • cfischy
    cfischy Member ✭✭
    Here is a snapshot of the missing categories. I'm adding this as a comment because I could not see how to attach an image to my original entry.
  • j4giz
    j4giz Member
    This problem is so frustrating! Payees that had memorized categories many years ago are being changed to the old categories instead of the new and I have to change every transaction. Please fix ASAP!
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭
    edited June 1
    Since October 2020 I've had an issue with mobile sync corrupting the Memorized Payee List details, namely the transfers. After a sync if a payee's Category is a transfer, that info is wiped out on my desktop for the payee. In some cases the "Show this payee in the Calendar Memorized Payee list" option is checked after a sync even though the option was unchecked before sync.

I've tried the following:

- resetting cloud data (I did not allow a sync before resetting the data)
    - tried a "Memorized Payee List Maintenance" fix (in my case all options are grayed out)
    - I renamed the cloud data file name then re-sync'd
    - Renamed my desktop data file name and also yet another cloud data file name then re-sync'd
    - Went so far as to create a new test data file and with a few memorized payees (even in that case I saw corruption)

In all cases, those memorized payees had the category item wiped out and sporadically the "Show this payee in the calendar...." option checked in my desktop file even though I had that option unchecked.

What can I do to prevent this? What's weird is it happens to some payees consistently, in some I add back the category, it stays for a few syncs but then those get wiped out again eventually. I've go far as to remove the payee, sync, manually re-add the payee, sync, and the category data is again wiped out if it's a transfer.

Users have complained about this since at least October 2020 but I cannot find a fix for it.

Note in my test cases *I did not have Quicken Mobile installed* on my cell phone so there's no way the data on my phone was involved.

Update: My post was merged with this one a few hours ago. I see there was a reply from a Quicken rep. In November 2020; but no fixes. And after further reviewing my data file (which I made a backup since Qmobile is flaky) I found sync'ing is damaging my data files, it corrupted my checking account data. [Removed - Rant]