Net Worth Chart under Home tab Not Updating When Using "Custom To Date" Selection

Why is the Net Worth widget chart under Home tab (dashboard) not updating to the current date/value when the "Date Range" is set to "Custom to Date"? It works as expected when using the selection "Earliest To Date".

I can make Quicken to update the chart manually by clicking the config wheel and update the "from" date. Why don't Quicken update the chart automatically just as with the "Earliest to Date" selection?

Can someone please be so kind to test the Net Worth widget by changing the "Date Range" to "Custom to Date", set the "from" date you desire and wait until the next day to see if the chart update to the current date and value? Thanks.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used "Custom to Date" and the graph came up properly.  Are you saying the issue crops up on the day following making the change?
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭
    That is correct. That will be the last update to the chart until you make further changes to the "beginning" date. Would you be so kind to wait until tomorrow and see what happen to the chart? If you don't make any change to the date range, it will remains the same forever until a change is made.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes removing and then adding a widget back in again corrects problems.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭
    @Bob_L. Done that. Same outcome.
    Can you please be so kind to try it out and wait until tomorrow to see if it updates? Thanks.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, will check tomorrow to see if it updates
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked mine and the ToDate field has changed to Today, Nov 10 from yesterday.  I cannot verify that the net worth figure actually updated as well since there is a huge Quicken Crash problem related to doing a OSU today.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running the latest subscription version: 29.22?  Have you validated your file using File, File Operations, Validate and repair, Validate?
  • Tom Young
    This morning the "Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities" graph showed yesterday's date.  I also noticed that the "Current Net Worth" dollar amount shown in the table above the graph was different than the "Net Worth" dollar amount obtained by hovering over the graph itself by $830.50, the graph being higher than the table. 
    Clicking on the dashboard's gear wheel and clicking on "Report my net worth" resulted in a report showing net worth that was $800.02 lower than the graph and $30.48 higher than the dashboard table.
    An actual Net Worth report run on yesterday's date showed a net worth that agreed to the graph's "hovering" figure.
    In all cases the difference was on the assets side of the balance sheet.
    The problem with the report generated by clicking on "Report my net worth" not agreeing to a report run by clicking Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth has been reported previously. 
    Dashboards having problems is not an unknown phenomenon.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    OK I just ran OSU and the widget for Net Worth now shows:
    • The ToDate field accessed via the gear icon has correctly updated to Today Nov 10
    • The Current Net Worth shown in the table above the graph exactly matches the amount shown in my account bar
    • The bar graph for today differs from the table and hovering labels it as yesterday
    • Opening the full graph confirms the hovering results that it is still looking at yesterday.
    • Clicking on Report My Net Worth is the same as Show the full Net Worth Graph
    Bottom line for me is that the op is correct that the Graph is not updating to the correct ToDate, but the Current Column in the table appears to be working correctly..

• SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭
    @Tom Young & @Bob_L. Thanks to both of you for confirming the issue where the Net Worth histogram doesn't update to the current day value the following day(s) when using the "Custom To Date" option. When using "Earliest to Date", it works fine.

Why Do I use "Custom To Date"? Haha! I am a Quicken user since 1990, 30+ years. Use "Custom To Date" to shows only 5 or 10 years of histogram. No longer make sense to use "Earliest To Date".

While this is a bug, it is not a deal breaker. Can manually update the chart by updating the From-Date with the gear icon. However, it would be nice if this can be added to the bug list to be fixed in the future release.

Once again. Thank you both @Tom Young & @Bob_L.
  • Tom Young
    When I posted I had not done an OSU.
    My conclusion at that point was the opposite of yours.   The graph Net Worth was correct for the 11/9 date but the table was not.
    If I remember correctly, the difference in Net Worth between the dashboard-generated Net Worth report and a "regular" Net Worth report came down to the dashboard-generated report not picking up MiscExp transactions.  (I may be wrong and I didn't bother to check this.)
    Having now done on OSU the graph has updated to 11/10 and agrees with the Account Bar total (within 2 cents) but the table figure is off by $800.01.

• SMT2
    SMT2 Member ✭✭
    @Tom Young

From reading your posts, it appears that you may have "inadvertently" updated the chart "manually" when you were in the gear icon to generate Net Worth report for comparison purposes.

Let try this for now. Leave the Net Worth widget as is and just hover the histogram for the next day or two, then you will notice the issue where the histogram doesn't update.

Although the histogram failed to reflex current values, The Net Worth table matches the amount in the account bar.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have posted a request for review as a bug.
  • Similar problem here for several weeks. Net worth graph did not work as as expected when using "Custom To Date". (FYI - the custom early date was 01 Feb 1997. The current date was stuck on 20 Oct 2020.) Altering the date range to get the graph to extend to the current date should not be the routine. Graph and net worth values match within $.01.