Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Navy Federal - can add main account, can't add credit card

Tried using the Add Account feature in Quicken (liked it before where you could add a credit card manually and decide later whether to connect it for download).

The main savings account added fine, but it wouldn't add the credit card (Visa). Got the "Unknown Type" response. I've tried it several times, several days apart with no luck.

Anyone else have success with this?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Patrick Stafford Golden

Thank you so much for submitting the requested information, I have received it and performed a deep dive review of the records.

I am finding an internal CC-506 error which indicates that Quicken is not recognizing the account information being transmitted by the financial institution so it's creating what's known as a "temp" account, which is basically like a ghost account that is holding the transaction data.

If you are interested, more information on both the CC-506 and temp accounts is available here and here.

In the meantime, I've created a ticket for you in our support system and escalated this error to our service providers to investigate further and resolve.  The ticket number for this escalation is 8092177.

Once resolved, our escalations team will be in further contact with you via email. 

Unfortunately, there is not an ETA on when you will receive a contact, as it depends entirely on the scope of work it takes for them to find and fix the error in the html scripting.

Thank you again for reporting this error and working with us through the troubleshooting and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2020
    Hello @Patrick Stafford Golden,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    I recommend you try adding the account manually first and then try connecting it to your financial institution after finishing the manual setup. You can still add a manual account by clicking on the Offline Accounts tab at the bottom of the Add Account screen (see below).

To connect the account after it's been manually setup, please follow the steps below.
    1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Click the Edit button on the account you wish to connect.
    3. Go to the Online Services tab
    4. Click the Set up Now button.
    5. Type in the financial institution name and follow the prompts.
    6. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials and carefully link to the existing manual Quicken account previously created.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm running R29.22

Tried your suggestion and was successfully able to add the account within Quicken but when I get to the "Set Up Now" it takes me to the Quicken "Add Account" that I first tried. I go through the process of adding my login info, it asks me for two separate Two-factor Identification steps (as I have both the savings account and the credit card) and when I get the result it lists the credit card, which it identifies with the proper account numbers, as "Unknown Type" and it gives me no options to link, ignore, etc.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Patrick Stafford Golden

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I'm sorry to hear that this issue is persisting.

May I ask, when selecting the financial institution name in the Add Account window, are you selecting the "Navy Federal Credit Union" option?  Or are you perhaps selecting the "Navy Federal Credit Union - My Por" option?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • I selected the “Navy Federal Credit Union"
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @Patrick Stafford Golden

Perfect, thank you so much for confirming!

I'd like to investigate this matter further and review the log files that detail the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institution.  If you haven't already, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem.

In the window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah NFCU" in the subject line, select the boxes for each file listed and when ready click Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the submission from the system.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • It's been sent to you. Thanks!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Patrick Stafford Golden

Thank you so much for submitting the requested information, I have received it and performed a deep dive review of the records.

I am finding an internal CC-506 error which indicates that Quicken is not recognizing the account information being transmitted by the financial institution so it's creating what's known as a "temp" account, which is basically like a ghost account that is holding the transaction data.

If you are interested, more information on both the CC-506 and temp accounts is available here and here.

In the meantime, I've created a ticket for you in our support system and escalated this error to our service providers to investigate further and resolve.  The ticket number for this escalation is 8092177.

Once resolved, our escalations team will be in further contact with you via email. 

Unfortunately, there is not an ETA on when you will receive a contact, as it depends entirely on the scope of work it takes for them to find and fix the error in the html scripting.

Thank you again for reporting this error and working with us through the troubleshooting and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Sarah
  • Thanks for your help Sarah!
  • phulton
    phulton Member
    I am also having a similar issue. My NFCU accounts have been linked for years and around mid November 2020 I could no longer update the accounts. I was able to link my checking, savings, car loan, and mortgage accounts, after multiple try's over several days. However, quicken would not recognize my credit card account. I suspect it is the same issue as Patrick is having. Please let me know if his issues gets resolved.
  • Update. I hadn’t tried this again for a while as it had been escalated to higher support and I figured I’d hear back when they found a solution.

We’ll just now I tried it and it finally added the credit card account and downloaded transactions. So thanks to whoever flipped the right switch at either Quicken or the bank!
  • Wade
    Wade Member ✭✭
    Great story. Glad to see this was resolved for you. And, quite frankly, you helped me because I had the same issue. Thanks @"Patrick Stafford Golden" and @"Quicken Sarah"
    DWade
  • stappmeyer01
    stappmeyer01 Member ✭✭
    Was something done to make it work or did it magically start working?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited December 2020
    Hello @stappmeyer01

The issue was escalated by Quicken Care for correction.

If you are experiencing the CC-506 or the "Unknown Type" error you will need to contact support directly.

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs to escalate the issue.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please let us know how it goes with support!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • > @stappmeyer01 said:
    > Was something done to make it work or did it magically start working?

It was nothing I did. I just responded to Quicken’s emails and did what they told me. I didn’t try a download again for another 3 weeks and then I did and it magically started working, downloading credit card transactions. So whether it’s something done by Quicken, Navy Federal or Russian hackers I couldn’t say.

The only quirk now is that each download requires a two-factor identification for that account but I’m not complaining.
  • stappmeyer01
    stappmeyer01 Member ✭✭
    > @Patrick Stafford Golden said:
    > > @stappmeyer01 said:
    > > Was something done to make it work or did it magically start working?
    >
    > It was nothing I did. I just responded to Quicken’s emails and did what they told me. I didn’t try a download again for another 3 weeks and then I did and it magically started working, downloading credit card transactions. So whether it’s something done by Quicken, Navy Federal or Russian hackers I couldn’t say.
    >
    > The only quirk now is that each download requires a two-factor identification for that account but I’m not complaining.
    >

Thanks. I am glad it is working for you. I am sad that it is not for me. Tried to call support and after a long wait time I had to get back to work.