Quicken repeatedly crashes - simply attempting to switch view to "Bills and Income" page.

After completing One Step Update and accepting transactions (or simple logging in and downloading latest data) - I attempt to switch to see the Bills and Income page.  The infamous BugSplat makes its appearance - and Quicken is gone.  This has happened repeatedly over several days.  Please fix this bug

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @solostorm

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience and feedback with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

There was a known issue with crashing, however, this has now been resolved.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883150/resolved-11-10-20-crash-when-running-one-step-update#latest

If you are still experiencing this trouble, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I also had Quicken crash this morning (premier windows R29.22).  I did not get a bug splat but Quicken simply closed as I was exiting the OSU summary screen.  I was able to re-open Quicken and accept the downloaded transactions without a problem.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Quicken_Tyka-

This crash does not occur during OSU.  It occurs when switching to the "BILLS & INCOME" tab FOLLOWING login, OSU, and accepting new transactions.

The crash upon switching to "BILLS & INCOME" has been a regular event.  

Windows - 2020  Version R29.22  Build 27.1.29.22

Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

As stated in the above document, you may have to restore older backups of your data file until you can find one that does not cause a crash and take it from there.
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭
    All validated UKR.  It is not my file.  Something is amiss within the Quicken software.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @solostorm

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I have one last test I would like to perform. I would like to next create a test file to see if the crashing continues in a blank empty file.

This test will help further isolate the issue being related to the Quicken program.

To create a test file, please navigate to File > New Quicken File... Once in a new file please navigate to the Bills and Income Tab and see if the crashing persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭
    Still experiencing weird crashes.   
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @solostorm,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this and have not yet received a follow-up response.

You last mentioned that you are running version R29.22, are you still running the same version release or have you since updated to the latest R30.10 release? If not, please navigate to Help > Check for updates to install the latest release.

Please, check back and let us know if the issue still persists after doing so.
    -Quicken Anja
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭
    Now on R30.10

Need to work in this version for a while - but I can report that I've experienced several crashes doing routine things - often as simple as switching views.  Sometimes while accepting downloaded transactions it will simple stop accepting cleared transactions.

Validate has been run.  Running a very powerful PC, plenty of CPU, memory and disk space.

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭
    Crashed again.  Simply changed to Bills and Income.  I suggest pulling the BugSlat reports - my system has certainly sent many of them.  Thanks. 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @solostorm thank you for the update, though I am sorry to hear that this issue still continues to persist.

If you don't mind and haven't already tried this, I'd like to have you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same crash issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to confirm if this is caused by an issue within your data file or a potential bug within the Quicken program.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account (you can add a manual account for testing purposes - click +Offline Account to add a manual account)

After adding an account, try clicking around different areas of the program to see if you experience the same crashes in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.