"You have tasks to perform in these accounts." suddenly showed up, and I cannot remove it

Chris29
Chris29 Member, Windows Beta ✭✭✭
A few days ago, during a big cleanup, I closed a few accounts in Quicken that I no longer need/use.

Since then, I now have a red circle with line thru it (the closed account icon) next to the words/section "More accounts" under the business section of the account list on the left.

I cannot find any actions that need done, and opening every single closed account doesn't prompt me to do anything, and they are all fully reconciled and at a zero balance.

I have no idea how to remove this new warning.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chris29

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I start by running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Chris29
    thanks Tyka,  I've run a validate and a super-validate, but this icon and message remain.  I don't have the log files, but could run again, or grab them if you tell me where to look.
  • Jim Douthit
    Jim Douthit Member ✭✭
    Beginning a couple of weeks ago this symbol showed up on my "More Accounts" entry on my side bar. When I go to my accounts list there are two accounts which show this symbol, both are closed accounts which I have not touched in a long time. What triggered this change?
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    This symbol means that this account is closed and will no longer appear in your entry list.
  • Jim Douthit
    Jim Douthit Member ✭✭
    Given that explanation, the message you get when you hover over the symbol in the account bar ("You have tasks to perform in these accounts") is a inaccurate message.
  • Chris29
    Beginning a couple of weeks ago this symbol showed up on my "More Accounts" entry on my side bar. When I go to my accounts list there are two accounts which show this symbol, both are closed accounts which I have not touched in a long time. What triggered this change?

I closed a couple of accounts.  As far as I know, the same way I've closed dozens previously.
  • Chris29
    Valderi said:
    This symbol means that this account is closed and will no longer appear in your entry list.

Correct.  It's location next to no single account, and the message are the parts I'd like help with.
  • Chris29
    Given that explanation, the message you get when you hover over the symbol in the account bar ("You have tasks to perform in these accounts") is a inaccurate message.

Perhaps it is inaccurate, but the symbols' location is the actual issue.  If the symbol goes away, so does the message.
  • Hello @Chris29

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I believe in this case our best option is to contact Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Chris29
    Thanks Francisco, but Quicken phone support could not possibly be more useless.  I've called dozens of times over the years, and have almost never spoken to anyone that has any actual training on how quicken works, they ALL just type into the search box and guess their way through trying to help me.  I spent over 2 hours on the phone last time, and made exactly ZERO PROGRESS.  I was supposedly escalated to the first persons boss, then their boss, and that individual literally had me on hold for 45 minutes trying to find someone that might be able to help.  Yes, someones' bosses boss had literally no idea how to help me, nor where to look to get some help.

I will not be calling them again.

Hopefully you can escalate this issue to someone internally.  Otherwise, it seems I'm going to have this annoying icon on my screen forever now; which is SUPER ANNOYING!

This discussion has been closed.