Removing scheduled transaction

In my checking account register there is a scheduled transaction 'hanging' (I entered it over a year ago), but I can't seem to be able to delete it, or access it. How do I get rid of it?

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it appears in the register and you select it, are you not able to delete it with Ctrl-D? If not, I would start with validating your data file. File>File Operations>Validate.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • JVDD1
    JVDD1 Member
    Hey GeoffG,
    No, I can't delete it (with Ctrl-D).
    I tried validating the file, I got a small report which said it corrected 1 scheduled transaction (yeah!), but when I checked back in my Bill and Incoming Reminders (4 - the 'hanging' one is not counted)... it is still there (boohoo!).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Please right-click on the hanging scheduled transaction in the register and let us know what options appear.
  • JVDD1
    JVDD1 Member
    Add reminder>
    Manage Bills and Income
    View Calendar
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe you are in the checking register. If you are and perform a right mouse click, you should see the following screen.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    JVDD1 said:
    Add reminder>
    Manage Bills and Income
    View Calendar
    This menu:

Appears at the bottom of the Calendar, not the register.

To get to the register select the account name from the Account bar (Under ACCOUNTS).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JVDD1
    JVDD1 Member
    Yes, but the hanging transaction is in the Bill and Income Reminders section and that's where I can't get rid of it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    JVDD1 said:
    Add reminder>
    Manage Bills and Income
    View Calendar

If you select Manage Bills & Income, are you able to access the reminder on the All Bills & Deposits tab?
  • JVDD1
    JVDD1 Member
    Yes, and the problem is the same there: I can't Delete, Edit nor Ignore it...
    It has status 'done', due 'none', #left '0' and How often 'Only Once'...
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now would be a good time to perform some advanced troubleshooting for data corruption. From the File menu select File>File Operations>Copy. Once completed, open the copied file, not the original. Next you will want to run a file validation and super validation. File>File Operations>Validate. For super validate, hold the Ctrl and Shift keys while selecting File>File Operations>Validate. Hopefully, this will clear the issue or allow you to delete.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    JVDD1 said:
    Yes, and the problem is the same there: I can't Delete, Edit nor Ignore it...
    It has status 'done', due 'none', #left '0' and How often 'Only Once'...
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871930/bill-reminders-changed-status-to-done