Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One Step Update with MSUFCU gives OL-295-A

Hi.
This started around 10/24/20. Contacted the MSU Federal Credit Union about it on 11/2/20. Got a response from MSUFCU on 11/3/20 saying it was a known issue related to a security update. Later the same day I got a message from them stating "I'm pleased to share that this connectivity issue has been resolved and you should be able to update your account." Now, 10 days later (11/13/20), I still can't update and get OL-295-A for all of my MSUFCU accounts. All other (non-MSUFCU) accounts update correctly. I sent them a note about it again today. Is there anything else that could be causing this that is not the credit union's responsibility? I've searched the Quicken community and could not find any other posts about problems with MSUFCU accounts. Also learned what I could about OL-295-A, and everything points to a problem with the credit union servers. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rampaxis
    Rampaxis Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi.

Nothing changed. I can still log in to my account. They replied to my query. The problem is still at their end. The statement that it was fixed must have been in error. They said:

"We apologize that you are still experiencing issues connecting using Quicken. Our IT department is still working to permanently resolve this issue. Once a fix has been implemented we will follow up with you and let you know. At this time we do not have an estimate as to when this will be resolved."

I guess I wait.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Rampaxis,

Are you able to connect with your accounts via the CU's website?  Also, if you can, are there any recent changes to the sign-on process, such as 2 factor authorization?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Rampaxis
    Rampaxis Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hi.

Nothing changed. I can still log in to my account. They replied to my query. The problem is still at their end. The statement that it was fixed must have been in error. They said:

"We apologize that you are still experiencing issues connecting using Quicken. Our IT department is still working to permanently resolve this issue. Once a fix has been implemented we will follow up with you and let you know. At this time we do not have an estimate as to when this will be resolved."

I guess I wait.
  • jgood
    jgood Member
    Rampaxis, have you had any updates from MSUFCU? I am having the exact same problem with them, over the same period of time.
  • Rampaxis
    Rampaxis Member ✭✭
    Hi @jgood

Yes. See my comment above yours. The rest of the message from them was:

"We will forward your IP address to our IT department so they can perform a temporary fix for he account until a more permanent solution can be implemented. Thank you for your understanding and patience while we address this issue."

I got that message from MSUFCU on 11/13. Downloads started working again shortly after that. They may be able to make it work again for you as they did for me. Try messaging them online.
This discussion has been closed.