Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

American Express Credit Card One Step Update Error OL-295-A , round 2

HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
No downloads. This started 11/11/2020, I spent 1 hour with Amex support, they got non-Direct Connect working, said it was a Quicken problem. I told them that the error was an Amex problem and they told me to call Quicken. 11/13/2020, the non-Direct Connect stopped working, called Amex and got the same runaround and they forwarded me to Intuit. 
So Quicken, I ask you to resolve this mess with Amex. Meanwhile, the only solution that I have is to get on the Amex website and download the Qfx transactions and do the manual upload. BTW, deactivation, restoring my actual account number and reactivating fails OL-295-A.

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Haapy

Thank you for taking the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for the frustration that this has caused.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists, I would recommend waiting 48 hours to see if the issue resolves itself.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    I am pleased to report that tonight, 11/14, the Amex credit card direct connect with Quicken worked.
    I want to thank the Quicken team that worked with Amex to fix it.
    Andy
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    I just realized that I should have post it to
    Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
    Moderator, please re-assign it. Thanks
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    Bad news. Today 11/15 I got the OL-295-A again . Perhaps they are doing systems maintenance. I will report back tomorrow.
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    I tried it just now 11/16 10 AM Pacific. Failed again. Deactivated, reactivated no go. Am able to do web connect only.
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    I tried all the same things again, but in a different order. Somehow it created a new account which I linked to the old account and it worked, however the online services is using Express Web Connect. If anyone on this forum has any new information about this problem or when it might be fixed I would appreciate it. In the meantime, I am going to leave it on Express Web Connect.
    Thanks. Andy
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Andy,

Thank you for the response and the additional details. We have received information that this is a known issue.

American Express is temporarily blocking downloads on Mondays. I do not have an ETA on when this will be made available on Mondays.

Please allow 24 hours before attempting to update once more.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

ISS-8100676
    ~~~***~~~
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    OK. Today is Tuesday 8:30PM Pacific and now Express Web Connect does not work.
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    I escalated this within Amex. The trouble ticket is cl1anw7i.
    I would appreciate it if a moderator would forward this to Quicken support.
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    Has anyone heard from the developers on this? I have been running with Express Web Connect for about 4 days now without problems.
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    I tried to do Direct access again today. No go.
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    I started trying other options since the above post. After several no go's I finally got it to work on Direct Connect. I hope it stays healthy.
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    It seems to be working fine now. You may close this discussion. Thanks. Andy
This discussion has been closed.