Why doesn't Quicken offer the option to one step update and back up before a program update?

Bob Long
Bob Long Member ✭✭
Since a one step update (OSU) and backup are recommended before installing a program update, one wonders why Quicken doesn't offer that option? Now I have to say 'no' to the update, run OSU and do a backup, then come back and download and install the program update. Would be much simpler and easier if I was offered the option to OSU, backup and install the program update in one step. Perhaps you could pass this along to the developers.
10 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob Long,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

Since this is not currently an available feature, I went and ahead and changed your post to an idea post for your feature request. 

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what features customers would like to have available in the future. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

When I tried  to  vote up this idea, I got the "Category is not configured for ideation" error message.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken Anja
    @NotACPA thanks for pointing that out! 

It should be fixed now, but let me know if you still experience any trouble.
    -Quicken Anja
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Thanks, I just now vote it up.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken Anja

Hello All,

This idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Quicken now automatically backs up the current data file before updating, but I think it would be much better if it did not offer the update until the OSU is complete.

This would have reduced the severity of the recent issues where some investing accounts were converted to Simple mode as part of the update. The OSU after updating sometimes caused investing transactions to be downloaded in Simple mode.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭
    Yeah, why doesn't it?
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription ;) . R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31