Setting up HSBC online billing gives me an error

It tells me I've entered info in the wrong format. In addition, no memorable answer is required anywhere by HSBC so why it is a field here I have no clue. Pull down for one-time code shows correct phone and email but choosing either of them leaves a blank field. But I can't get past the information in wrong format for it to tell me my account is locked. Which is most likely what it will do once it actually submits this form. Can anyone tell me how they got theirs to work?

Answers

• TMFK
    TMFK Member
    I should add that Ive called both HSBC and Quicken who both blamed the other for the difficulty. I have also tried using the security code that logs me into my phone app for either of the 2 fields along with my password that works on the website.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Hello @TMFK

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have a few questions to help me further isolate the cause of this issue. First, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

Next, which HSBC option are you selecting from the bank list?

Last, what is the URL that you visit to view your HSBC accounts? This may help determine which option to select to be able to successfully sign in.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • TMFK
    TMFK Member
    Hi Tyka,

I use the first HSBC option as highlighted in the screenshot which isn't visible because it is not letting me paste it. Otherwise it would be at the top left of all the stuff that comes up when i type HSBC into the search box on the screen that you can't see.

I am running this version. Which you can't see because its not letting me paste the screen shot. If you could see the screen shot that it rudely doesn't let me include you would see Year 2020 Version R29.22 Build 27.1.29.22

I go to us.hsbc.com to log in to my account through a web browser. Then I have a user name and password to enter and I am in. My phone uses a different method. Instead of the same password, they require a “security code” which is just another password but it is different from the web browser password. No where have I ever been asked for a memorable anything in order to log in. Also I just opened Quicken and none of the online bills that I set up are showing on the Bill and Income reminders calendar, though they may be showing somewhere else. I haven’t checked yet. I had just set up The Gas Co and Southern California Edison which did work the other day and showed me my balances for those bills.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2020
    Hello @TMFK,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue as well as providing additional details as requested by @Quicken_Tyka, though I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you don't mind, first I'd just like to clarify a few things in order to better assist you.
    1. Are you trying to set up HSBC as a payment account that you intend to use for making Quick Pay payments to other Online Billers you currently already have set up, or are you trying to set HSBC up as another Online Biller to track (and if applicable, make payments to)? 
    2. For the Online Billers that you mentioned were added, but aren't currently seeing-- Could you please tell us which filter settings you have set up in your Bills & Income tab (see below)? It's possible that they may be hidden based on what your current filters is set to.

Last, I apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing in trying to copy and paste screenshots in your previous response. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ on how to add a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop an image to your response if you are not given the option to add it as an attachment.

Please, check back and let us know!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.