ARM Macs and Multi-currency support

The new Macs using ARM chips won’t be able to run Windows via Boot Camp and for now can’t run a virtual Windows either (since Microsoft is only allowing their ARM Windows for OEM).
This will make it impossible for me to keep Quicken, after many years of use, as I need the Windows version with its true multi-currency support.
Can you please finally add true multi-currency support for Quicken Mac? Otherwise I’ll have no choice but to finally stop using Quicken altogether.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @mac_user_west Both Parallels and Fusion have inculcated they are working towards solutions to bring Windows to the ARM-based Macs. Neither has given a timeline yet. If you can hold off buying a new Mac for a few months, the picture will probably become clearer. 

Meanwhile, on the Quicken side of things, the longstanding request for full multi-currency support in Quicken Mac, has finally been answered by the development team as something that is planned for the future:

As their note states, we don't know when this functionality will be coming -- they almost never pre-announce which features are coming, because complexity in development and testing can make things hard to accurate predict -- but it's a big step forward for them to recently say it's firmly on the roadmap.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • @jacobs Thanks for that information. I must have missed they had accepted mult-currency as a new feature. That’s great news.
    Now the question is who will get there first - Quicken with a full fledged Mac version or ARM Windows on the new Macs...
  • Mira Shnier
    Mira Shnier Member ✭✭
    @mac_user_west I gave up waiting for true Multicurrency support on my Mac years ago and bought an inexpensive Windows computer just for Quicken. That was about 5 years ago. I had tried running Parallels, but eventually it became unwieldy when a new release on one platform or another messed things up.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Does Apple take your old computer as a trade in?

Maybe I'm missing something, but since clearly to get an ARM computer you have buy a new one.  That means you still have the old one, what stops one from just keep using to run Windows via Boot Camp/Quicken Windows?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • @Mira Shnier That’s a good idea.

@Chris_QPW Apple actually does offer a pretty good trade in value for old Macs so I’ve usually done that (or sold it myself). They tend to keep pretty good resale value, which is good given they are a bit expensive. A cheaper option might be to get a cheap Windows PC like @Mira Shnier suggested.