Red Flags for "Bill and Income Reminders" no longer present.

I am using Quicken 2020 R30.9 Build 27.1.30.9 and my red flags to the left of accounts in the "Accounts" window are no longer appearing, even when there actually is a Bill and Income Reminder due (which I can see when I visit the account). When I do a "Super Validate file" (multiple times in a row), every time it says "Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders." I don't really see anything wrong when I look at the scheduled reminders, but this "smells" of a problem... Help! I have been using Quicken for more than 20 years and this is quite a new vexing problem that I have not been able to fix. I have always been able to fix problems previously! Thanks!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Quicken does not use a red flag icon to indicate we have reminder due.  The icon Quicken uses is a small clock face.

Regarding the "damaged scheduled reminder", you should be aware Quicken is not always able to detect and correct all data corruption in a Quicken file.  I suggest you save a backup, delete all of the reminders, and validate.  If the error clears, you may reenter the reminders.  Otherwise, you may have to live with it or create a new Quicken file.  Other than the message when you validate, are there any apparent issues?
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help, "Sherlock." After 20+ years of using Quicken, I honestly could not tell you what icons appeared - it was "muscle/visual-memory" for me (akin to typing on a QWERTY keyboard or playing the piano). I just knew that I was missing reminders, because I started being late in paying bills and reconciling transactions. I was surprised, because I had come to trust Quicken after that many years! I made a backup copy as you suggested, deleted all reminders and did a super-validate. Even though there are no longer any reminders, the super-validate indicates "Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders." This is my first MAJOR bug in Quicken in 20+ years! I will easily build a software tool to compensate for this bug, but I hope that others do not run into it as well. Perhaps few have, because they don't have 20+ years of data and reminders as I do. It may be that Quicken cannot handle more than a few years of data as others have warned me about, even though I had indicated that I was still going strong at 20+ years.
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    You asked: "are their any apparent issues?" No - other than reminders are missing.
  • motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    ... are "there"...
This discussion has been closed.