Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot connect or update accounts from ESL FCU

Cannot connect or update accounts from ESL FCU

Answers

• Hello @rsommer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Do you get any error message by chance? If so which one exactly. If there's no error message I'm wondering if it may need to be reconnected. Before doing that thought what I would like to do is to try in a test file to see if we're able to get download to work in the test file. This will let us know more information about where the issue is.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. Once we're able to complete this step let us know whether you're able to download transactions. We'll be able to see what the next best step is afterwards.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• rsommer
    rsommer Member
    Followed these instructions I was able to add the accounts to the test file. In my active file, I deactivated the accounts and then went through the process of adding them back. The accounts were re-created but would not update. The error message is that Quicken cannot connect to the bank. In the past, this has been a Quicken host problem. What to do now?
  • @rsommer

Thanks for the update. You did already try to deactivate and then it sounds like you tried adding the accounts as if they were new so I'm wondering what could be causing it to not let us connect. I think in this case it would be best to contact Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT