Scheduled Transaction Reminders: More than 12 Months

jmine83
jmine83 Member ✭✭✭
I would like to see scheduled transactions that take place more than 12 months ahead of time.

Maybe just add the ability for the user to specify a date limit? For example, if I want to set a date limit of 12/31/2025, therefore display all scheduled transactions from today and up to 12/31/2025.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is already available by going to the Bills and Income tab, clicking on Bills (or Income), choosing "Next Instance," sorting on Due Date and looking at the bottom (or top depending on the sort order).
  • jmine83
    jmine83 Member ✭✭✭
    John_M said:
    This is already available by going to the Bills and Income tab, clicking on Bills (or Income), choosing "Next Instance," sorting on Due Date and looking at the bottom (or top depending on the sort order).
    Thank you John, I looked into what you suggested, but that doesn't accomplish what I was looking for.

The below screen capture shows the balance of my checking account up to the next 12 months. I have verified this data is accurate and correct.

The below screen capture shows what happens when I change "Next 1 Year" to "Next Instance". Not sure what it's doing when changing it to "Next Instance", but it's not correct.

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I misunderstood what you were asking about. When you said, "I would like to see scheduled transactions that take place more than 12 months ahead of time," I took that to mean that you wanted to see a list of transactions. What you have above is the projected balance of a single account based on scheduled transactions.

If you want to see the list I thought you were talking about, you can click on the "Bills" or "Income" button to the left of the "Projected Balances" button that you have highlighted. However, if what you meant was that you want to see projected balances based on transactions beyond one year, you can't get that.

Note the dates of the two graphs above. The first goes to November 2021, which makes sense since you chose "Next 1 Year." The second graph goes to May 2023, which means you have a scheduled transaction whose first occurrence does not happen until then. The reason the second graph is "wrong" is that it does not include all of the scheduled transactions between now and May 2023 – it only includes the first scheduled transaction between now and then.

So, for now, one year out is as far as you can go to get meaningful data on a projection. Perhaps you could rephrase your request to make it clear that it is the date range for the projected balance you want enhanced.