Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

My passwords are missing AGAIN from password vault

This happened last week, and I restored an older file, and had been working until today's Quicken update.  Now two different accounts have missing passwords.  Something you are doing on your updates is messing up the passwords.  Just an FYI to you Quicken people.  It worked fine yesterday. Quicken updated this morning.  I cannot just type in the missing password, because it won't take the password.  And won't do the update.  Windows Quicken Premier R30.10   27.1.30.10

Answers

• catdancer103
    catdancer103 Member ✭✭✭
    On second look, it seems that when Quicken updated, it "chose" to use an earlier file, since many of my transactions (some done just yesterday) were missing.  I've had this issue several times when Quicken updates.  Not sure why.  I'll admit I'm not an expert at Quicken files.  But restoring yesterday's file fixed the password issue.  Now if only Quicken updates wouldn't pick an earlier file to bring forward.
  • cbraudy
    cbraudy Member
    This is a mess, Quicken team. I am also on Windows Quicken Premier R30.10 27.1.30.10 and today most -- but not all -- saved passwords and accounts (banks / credit cards) are MISSING from my password vault. Worse, when I try to download for a particular account (say Amex), I get prompted to enter a password which I do -- but then get a popup box saying I must enter the password. What the heck is going on. What is the solution?
    I may try to restore different back up versions -- to see if it that helps - but this needs a solution and comment from the Quicken team.
    Please .......
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened last week, and I restored an older file, and had been working until today's Quicken update.  Now two different accounts have missing passwords.  Something you are doing on your updates is messing up the passwords.  Just an FYI to you Quicken people.  It worked fine yesterday. Quicken updated this morning.  I cannot just type in the missing password, because it won't take the password.  And won't do the update.  Windows Quicken Premier R30.10   27.1.30.10
    Hi @catdancer103 ,

Quicken is making changes behind the scenes and does not recognize that Users don't read and are not explained changes in details.

Quicken is changing the Connection Channel from FDS to QCS.
    With QCS Connection Channel, the Express Web Connect passwords are stored on the Web securely, not in the Vault.
    Only Direct Connect Connection passwords are stored in the Vault.

When you restored a Manual Backup File, you need to run One Step Update to bring the file Up-to-date.

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Quicken Support links are in that URL.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1