Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Wells Fargo and One Step Update

Hi All
My one step update of my Wells Fargo accounts has not worked in sometime. Is there any resolution or update on this issue?
Thanks
Wes

Best Answers

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Wesley S Patterson

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here. It sounds like you've had trouble for a while. Are you getting a specific error message? Have you attempted any troubleshooting?  I'm wondering here if we could try disconnecting the accounts and then reconnecting using a different wells Fargo sign in area. I'll leave steps down below. 

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Next we'll want to go across the top to  tools > Add account. In the search bar look up Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr and select next. Go ahead and sign in from  here and ideally it'll ask you to relink all of your Wells Fargo accounts. 

Once you've done this let me know if you're still having issues. If you are we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @bob holleron

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

If you are experiencing a CC: 501 error, this will require a review of the logs and possible escalation to correct them. The Community does not have the tools to review and escalate the banking issues of this nature.

To contact support, please click on the link here: Quicken Support. If you encounter issues with this, I have included an image of the phone number to contact support.

If you have further difficulties reaching support, please let us know what you encountering so we can ensure that you are able to reach them in the future.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @Wesley S Patterson

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here. It sounds like you've had trouble for a while. Are you getting a specific error message? Have you attempted any troubleshooting?  I'm wondering here if we could try disconnecting the accounts and then reconnecting using a different wells Fargo sign in area. I'll leave steps down below. 

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Next we'll want to go across the top to  tools > Add account. In the search bar look up Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr and select next. Go ahead and sign in from  here and ideally it'll ask you to relink all of your Wells Fargo accounts. 

Once you've done this let me know if you're still having issues. If you are we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• User1811User1811 Windows Beta Beta
    Yes. I am having the same problem with my Wells Fargo accounts. Started about two weeks ago that I can not get any updates from only these accounts during OSU. Password hasn't changed and works when I log into the Wells Fargo website. All other bank and investment accounts are updating correctly during OSU. 
  • mikeivanmikeivan Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue with my Wells Fargo account. It hasn't updated and now Quicken can't even find the account. Also, I can not send an a payment for the account using one step update. I have to manually log into Chase to pay the account.
    Hello @mikeivan

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Herrick InmanHerrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    I have transactions that posted to my Wells Fargo Bank credit card account several days ago but never get downloaded to Quicken when I do one-step update. No error message.

To try to fix this, I deactivated the account in Quicken. 

I keep getting error CC-501 when I tried to reactivate.
  • Same problem here get error CC-501, says not to contact Wells Fargo, try again in a few hours, well it has never worked
  • bzmie3bzmie3 Member
    I also have been having this issue for a few weeks. I initially thought it was because I had received a new card number, but Quicken cannot log on to my Wells Fargo account to even see the accounts. Also getting the CC-501 error.
  • In regards to the CC 501 errors - please see this article. You might have to contact support for additional help. 
  • Herrick InmanHerrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Even after the recent Quicken update, I still get error code CC-501 when trying to activate one-step update for Wells Fargo Bank. The excuse is always "We are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time."
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Herrick Inman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please review this error-specific support article regarding error CC-501.

As stated in the article, if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. This error requires our support agents to collect and review your log files. From there, they will likely need to file an escalation to have it resolved.
    -Quicken Anja
  • User1811User1811 Windows Beta Beta
    I contacted Wells Fargo a few days ago and opened a trouble ticket with them. They called this morning and acknowledged that the problem was on their side and it is fixed. I can confirm that I can now access Wells Fargo accounts using OSU without any connection errors.
  • lladnalladna Member ✭✭
    @User1811 Would you mind sharing who / what number you contacted at Wells Fargo to get it fixed? I am looking forward to getting this straightened out.
    Thanks!
  • bob holleronbob holleron Member ✭✭
    I have had this problem since 12/1. I find it impossible to get in touch with quicken support. I can manually open my WF account in my web browser but quicken will not connect
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @bob holleron

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

If you are experiencing a CC: 501 error, this will require a review of the logs and possible escalation to correct them. The Community does not have the tools to review and escalate the banking issues of this nature.

To contact support, please click on the link here: Quicken Support. If you encounter issues with this, I have included an image of the phone number to contact support.

If you have further difficulties reaching support, please let us know what you encountering so we can ensure that you are able to reach them in the future.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • If anyone gets rid of the CC-501 for Wells Fargo investement accounts please let us all know so we know there is hope.
  • narrqchatnarrqchat Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    This is a recurring nightmare. We pay you a lot of money for a subscription, all of us. You are lax about responding, every time. You've improved, it feels recently, on the basis software -- now please do the same for your Express Web connections. Yes, I know it takes upkeep: this is what we pay you for. Thank you.

Problems:
    - As others, I found my Wells Fargo accounts had silently stopped properly updating. They reported for example, 3 transactions - then made no updates in the account ledgers, either to the payments themselves (mark c for R), or the overall total in the account.

I can see the transactions and resulting account balances just fine on the Wells Fargo website -- not what you show in Quicken, but what you should.

- I saw the advice to re-initialize Express Web Connect -- using wellsfargononqfx.scr . This is so very familiar, from every time something like this has occurred before. It has also been a torment each time, because almost always, Quicken can't match one or two out of three accounts: a different result each time....for years....

- nontheless, I tried it, by procedures well established. Disconnect, but also erase account numbers and financial institution for each of the accounts. Reboot Quicken. Do _not_ try to reinstate an individual account, but use 'Add Account' from the Tools menu, then looking up or specifying your financial institution.

- However, now neither the 'clever search' lookup, nor what had been the alternative which doesn't exist any more to enter manually, but now magicallly appears as Add Options, can find wellsfargononqfx.scr. Thus we can't use it, and it is the only 'Financial Institution' naming which has functioned for years.

- So, hoping you might have actually fixed Wells Fargo to work normally, I accepted the main Wells Fargo FI, put in my login and password, verifying the accuracy and selecting to put it again in the Vault, then pushed the button.

Minutes went by, and then a timeout, with our favorite message showing: CC-501. About which one can do nothing, and has been told, 'try again later'. Well, I tried again later, the next day as it is, and: CC-501.

So. I happen to have the background to understand very well all the layers of your operation. Yes, screen scraping as you do for Express Connect needs consistent monitoring and updating. We certainly pay for that.

It is just not professionally supportable that you fail to do these things, and then leave it to users to write multiple letters over multiple weeks here.

I kindly ask you to fix the Wells Fargo problem (how many customers...?), and then to responsibly address that this happens and stays broken. So that it doesn't happen again.

Thank you.
    Clive
  • lladnalladna Member ✭✭
    edited December 2020
    @narrqchat You are right on. We pay for this to work. The chat agent I spoke with said that the wellfargononqfx.scr was always just a temporary fix...I of course asked well now that it's no longer an option (I followed their advice and deactivated all of my WF accounts), what is the permanent solution since nothing they tell me to do works!
    I have spent about 3 hours with Chat since Friday. Two different tickets have been setup, the final resolution after all of the troublshooting. I have to call in on Monday to speak to the escalation team. No, they can't call me, or contact me, more burden on me, the one who pays for the software. Wouldn't be so bad, if I trusted it would be resolved once and for all.
    The first chat person I worked with said it's WellsFargo probem (by the way, Wells Fargo said it had nothing to do with them earlier in the day). The second chat person after viewing my logs acknowledged it was a Quicken issue, but would not specify what the problem was...
    I guess I'll take more of my time on Monday to see what happens.

UPDATE: I called in this morning. The representative talked me through another validate and repair and still did not work. He stated that it appears to be a Wells Fargo issue with access to my account, and asked if I had spoken to WF. I advised I had and they claim it's Quicken...
    In the end after another 15 minutes I was told he was going to escalate it to another team, and that I had to call back again in 24 hours (no one would reach out to me, the burden of tracking appears all on me). He also provide my 3rd different ticket # for this issue.
  • lladnalladna Member ✭✭
    I figure if I am going to get on here and complain that things weren't working and I wasn't able to get help, I should also give kudos when a representative is able to help.
    I wish I got the gentleman's name, but I didn't. I called back after 48 hours with my latest ticket and provided the escalation #. I did not get elevated to another agent, but this one convinced me to try another few steps...and they worked!
    I had to go in and ensure all were deactivated, and then under the General Tab for each WF account he had me delete the Bank Name and Account number. I also did this for the hidden / old accounts.
    After that, I can't recall exactly the steps, but it involved disconnecting (sign out) my Quicken ID in Preferences, and then closing program and signing in again to Quicken ID. Then Add account and selected WF and from there my Banking accounts connected!
    While I am still not able to connect my WFadvisors accounts, i'll take the Banking accounts as a win!
    More to follow if I figure out the Advisors.
    Hope this helps someone out there!
    edited December 2020
    lladna, thanks, appreciate your passing on the tips.

Unfortunately, this still did not work for me - same CC-501.

I know I have the clearing steps down pat, as noted above, from all the times before, so i added your sign out, close Quicken, sign in again to Quicken ID. This apparently still wasn't enough.

For anyone who wants to try this, you sign out by going to the Preference item Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts (at the bottom), then clicking Sign in as a Different User. The first step in that is actually to sign out, and then you get a Login screen, which you close to leave Quicken entirely, before starting it again to then re-login.

I guess I'll need to relax for a phone session, to get this fixed. Hopefully not actually two, call backs, etc..

Thanks again, lladna
    Clive
  • lladnalladna Member ✭✭
    @narrqchat Dang, I'm sorry that didn't work...As I think through the steps we also created a "new file" at some point after signing out, but never actually did any testing in it that I recall? If there's a way to private message on here, I'm happy to share my case # in case they added notes? I wish I could recall the techs name.
    Debating calling back about the WF Advisors not working, but may take a break for a few days.
    edited December 2020
    thanks for remembering that, lladna -- yes, they often have you create a test file to see if it's something in your file that causes the problem. But I think pretty definitely not in this case -- I've done some more technical things to try to resolve, and it's not happening. I like those folk down in Guatemala, and they're good, so will see if I can get a phone session on tomorrow's hours.

For those who should be keeping track here and arranging that bad things are corrected, we know there should very much not be this Quicken customer pain...
    edited December 2020
    Well, I can hardly believe it. This morning I _may_ have succeeded at getting Quicken to work with Wells Fargo again.

With great care, I followed all the steps, preliminary to making a support call, which now I may not need.

This time there were very long intervals of waiting, minutes indeed, then finally requests for SMS-sent codes that my accounts security requires, twice with more delays.

Then ten or so minutes later, a window with accounts 'found' and the ability to reconnect them to my present accounts finally appeared. One must have patience :)

Be sure to be very careful with that window -- things like safe deposit boxes appear as 'accounts' and need to be marked not to use; bank accounts need to have their type selection corrected (savings, checking, card, etc.), and then it is essential to choose which Quicken account each Bank account connects to, on the right. If you don't do that last step, you would get duplicate accounts, and all the problems of reconciling past and present transactions.

It does appear this worked, and I could successfully download transactions afterwards...maybe. There are some auto-savings trnnsfers a week old which do not show as 'c' completed. This is an error, but it is an error I've seen from time to time in recent months -- Quicken just 'forgets' to mark the savings side of the transaction.

What i will do is cause a regular transaction on the checking account, and see if it shows up tomorrow. Because even if the accounts are now apparently 'connected' again, this time on the regular Wells Fargo banking Quicken financial institution, it has _never_ worked before on this setting.

Fingers crossed that it will, after today's initial 'missing' 'c' transaction confirmations. That would be nice...!
    edited December 2020
    In the morning, there are some results from the test, but not convincing yet. Half of an account-account transfer reported; also a payment was sent but not reported.

So it will take at least one more day to see that all accounts are actually being properly handled by Quicken after all this fol-de-rol. Which hopefully is the very last time such failures will happen, if the years-long 'wellsfargononqfx.scr' unusual handling has finally been put to rest.

So far, it's the Savings account that reported, but not the Checking. Because of this uncertainty of results, I'll also arrange to test that the Credit Card account on Wells Fargo works or not.

One more peculiarity is that though the mentioned week-old small auto-transfers from Checking to Savings didn't show yesterday after re-connecting Express Web Connect, and still didn't show on updating Wells Fargo alone this morning, somehow they suddenly did decide to come through finally on a multiple-banks One-Step Update a few minutes later.

Hmm. with that unexpected result, I ran that One Step Update once more in hopes today's expected overnight transactions might show, but no success with that.

I have to say that silence from Quicken Support persons here is not impressive, again given how much so many give to the company in payments every year.
  • > @Quicken Francisco said:
    > Hello @Wesley S Patterson
    >
    > Thank you for
    > reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here. It sounds like you've had trouble for a while. Are you getting a specific error message? Have you attempted any troubleshooting?  I'm wondering here if we could try disconnecting the accounts and then reconnecting using a different wells Fargo sign in area. I'll leave steps down below. 
    >
    >
    >
    > First thing I'll
    > recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how
    > to do so down below. 
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    >
    > Next we'll try
    > deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed
    > down below.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account
    >
    > Next we'll want to go across the top to  tools > Add account. In the search bar look up Wells Fargo wellsfargononqfx.scr and select next. Go ahead and sign in from  here and ideally it'll ask you to relink all of your Wells Fargo accounts. 
    >
    > Once you've done this let me know if you're still having issues. If you are we'll see what we can try next.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Francisco

Quicken Francisco
    Thank you for your suggestions. That fixed it this time.
    I will say that I have previously tried those fixes in the past without luck. Did Quicken fix something?
    Wes
  • > @teflonman said:
    > If anyone gets rid of the CC-501 for Wells Fargo investement accounts please let us all know so we know there is hope.

I finally fixed mine following instructions from Quicken Francesca.
    edited December 2020
    ...Wesley, you probably owe Francisco an apology -- his is a masculine name, whereas 'Francesca'...which also I think is Italian rather than Spanish...

On results, I'm past the CC-501 via a more dependable but otherwise similar -- and official from Quicken Support -- sequence to the one you report, but the jury is still out for several days now as to whether Quicken is actually updating to the actual status at the bank that I see on their website.

Which was my original problem, that it silently stopped doing so, thus getting into the famous disconnect-reconnect-respecify ring around the rosey, one more time of so many. What we hope stops, now.

This is Monday, where nothing will have changed since Saturday (to be fair, the banks take a siesta on Sundays), so I will try again to morrow to see if tranactions (and balance) late in the week manage finally to show up on my three accounts.
  • Thanks for the suggestions, particularly Quicken Francesca, but these did not work for me.
  • I finally got it figured out: Have a Wells Fargo Advisor account. But first went to www.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup. Logged into account and requested a direct connect PIN. Got that on phone, entered it (I think I had to hold the shift key). It then says you have ten minutes to log into quicken and request the connection. I went to add account, well fargo (not advisors), gave my login. Iy found the cash account for Advisors. I added that. Then it offers to add more accounts. I did and it found the brokerage account. You can create a new account or use existing account, I used existing and low and behold I got tranactions. Now let see if they update everytime I do the update acccounts
    Ok, I've waited to be sure of outcome here.

- Wells Fargo did finally start achieving Express Web Connect again, after the full disconnect-clear-reboot-reconnect routine as above, and after a certain point when apparently Quicken got it to operate properly, again as above.

- However, most if not all of my accounts with other banks then started not downloading transactions. I did the same disconnect-clear-reboot-reconnect routines, also first 'reset' which hasn't had any effect, and most picked up operating again.

- BUT, Ally Bank accounts simply will not recover ability to download transactions. I've done the full routine several times, tried both levels of validate (regular and super) several times, and nothing helps. No Express Web Connect transactions any more.

What I've done over the same period is build up a fresh Quicken File, starting with New, laboriously copying over accounts, aligning balances, reminders, etc., etc., until I've got a fully working file.

I've kept both files aligned, and will transfer over to using only the new one at the close of this year.

This is sort of 'nuke'em from orbit; it's the only way' (Aliens quote). And as a professional in ways that count here, I'm confident this is the only way.

Without further complaint, I wonder what can we say that would get Quicken to make this a fully reliable application?
  • lladnalladna Member ✭✭
    With today's update to R.30.19 I can now succesfully connect to my Wells Fargo Advisors accounts! And the prior work allowed me to connect to my Banking accounts, but the error regarding CC-501 persisted for Advisors...until now.

Not 100% sure if it was necessary, but I did go to this link: ww.wellsfargo.com/fmssetup per @teflonman first and everything connected.

Thanks to all (@narrqchat) for the advice and comments.