Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Linked Billers resetting when payment entered

My Billers and reminders are linked and automatically update amounts as bills generate throughout the month. Bills are auto-entered on the due date or a couple days beforehand. For the past couple months, bills will show the correct amount due leading up to the due date and then will enter an amount from a prior month on the actual due date. For example, Wells Fargo will correctly show a bill due on 11/10 for $100, but on 11/10 the amount is entered into the register for May's amount of $550. I've tried resetting/relinking billers and automatically entering the bill a couple days before the due date (in the event it was a timing issue) and nothing works. How do I fix this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited November 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Fabiana Rivarola

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Emporer ZurgEmporer Zurg Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. How do we fix this?
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jonibonita and @Emporer Zurg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    I suggest you try to validate your data file and validate your Online Billers by following the steps below.
    1. First, save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Go to the Bills & Income tab
    12. Click the Gear icon on the top-right                                                   
    13. Select Validate Online billers        
    Once that's done if the issue persists or gets corrected.

You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • I've got 2020 R30.10. I followed the steps in Quicken Anya's post yesterday. Validate detected 2 billers which were incomplete or not present locally. I removed those billers and re-added. One of the billers shows 'Needs Attention': 'Your bill has been successfully added, but your next amount due is not yet available from your biller. You should get the latest due date and amount when your bill is available'. The bill will truly be generating in the next day or so, so not worrying too much about that.
    I've had the issue of payment amounts resetting on more than 2 accounts, but I'll see if updating these 2 makes a difference. I have a couple of bills coming up after the beginning of the month that I will monitor (1 of which had biller removed/re-added yesterday).
  • a couple of days I trying to work with biller and today my quicken just reset when I try to enter some transaction manually... I did the step above mentioned but still resetting... (closed) and I need to reopen again and again..
  • I use Home and Business 2020
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited November 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Fabiana Rivarola

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I've been able to monitor the activity after the suggested steps in my 11/25 post and there are still issues.

#1-The biller that I removed/readded on 11/25 did not reset the payment amount when it auto-entered 2 days before the due date, but the due date was displayed incorrectly. It showed a due date of 12/8, but it correctly auto-entered the payment 2 days before the actual due date of 12/3. If I edit the reminder from the Bill and Income Reminders section on the Home page, it also shows a due date of the 8th, so it seems like there's still a discrepancy between the Biller and reminder, albeit not the amount this time.

#2-A biller that was experiencing the original issue (resetting the amount due when automatically entering into register), but did not have any Validation errors, continued to enter the incorrect amount even though no other billers had validation errors. It showed the correct amount due until it was entered into the register, even auto-entering it 2 days before the due date.
  • It doesn't seem like Fabiana was having the same issue we were having, so not sure if the Accepted Answer applies to the original issue or not.

Is Quicken_Anja's answer the only troubleshooting offered in the forums for this issue of payment amounts resetting? Do we need to move to advanced troubleshooting now?
This discussion has been closed.