Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Online balance not updating - Citibank

Bill B
Bill B Member ✭✭
Is there a problem with CitiBank after downloading transactions not syncing with online balance?

Answers

• I am having the same problem, across all Citibank accounts (checking, money market, credit card). It started this week, when Quicken switched to a new aggregator. Ever since, although Quicken says it updated my accounts, it has not downloaded any transactions that have occurred and that I can see if I go to the Citi web site.
    I am running Quicken R30.10 Build 27.2.30.10
  • Hello @Bill B

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Has this been a recent issue? are you missing some transactions throughout each day or are they not downloading at all? One thing we can also test would be to see if we have similar issues in a test file. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. Depending on if we're able to download or not we'll see what we can do next to get it working in your main file.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. When reconciling, the online balance displayed is different than my register balance on both credit cards. This started a couple of days ago. Good to know others are having the same problem.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bill B, per chance, are you running a scheduled OSU or are you triggering OSU from within Quicken itself (Tools>One Step Update)?

The reason I ask is that I am having the same problem reconciling my Chase Accounts. I have set up a scheduled OSU to run around 5:00PM on week days. I find that the OSU is not updating the On Line Balances in my Chase Account Register Screens to match the corresponding On Line Balances reported on the Chase Web Site.

I am utilizing Windows Quicken Premier R30.10. It seems that my problem started when first using this newer Version of Quicken.

Here is what is confusing. If I select "Finish Later" (Dialog Button) on the Reconcile Window., and then select "Update Now" from the Register Settings Menu, The On Line Balances ARE updated to match those recorded on the Web Site, and the accounts are reconciled.

To me, it seems that maybe the logic or routine utilized in OSU's are not the same ones utilized in the "Update Now" Routine utilized by Quicken.

Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    The Auto Reconcile with Online Balance Function is now functioning correctly for me. I waited three days to make sure that this was the case; I am still puzzled as to what aspired the last week or two to caused my chase accounts to not reconcile  But all is working now with no corrective action taken by me.

Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • @""Quicken Francisco"
    I did this and was able to sync it to a new account. I still can't get it to download the latest transactions so my real Quicken file. I have Quicken for Mac, but saw this thread and hoping it will have the same fix.

Thanks!

>@"Quicken Francisco" said:
    > Hello @"Bill B"
    >
    > Thank you for
    > reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Has this been a recent issue? are you missing some transactions throughout each day or are they not downloading at all? One thing we can also test would be to see if we have similar issues in a test file. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.
    >
    >
    >
    > * Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > * Select New Quicken File.
    >
    >
    >
    > * Click OK.
    > * In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    >
    > * Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    >
    >
    >
    > * Select to not use Mobile.
    > * Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
    >
    > After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. Depending on if we're able to download or not we'll see what we can do next to get it working in your main file.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Francisco
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @sammyfan68

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.