Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to Download from Westgate Rewards Mastercard

This discussion was created from comments split from: Error Connecting with Westgate Resorts.

Comments

• The issue is back were I can not down load from Westgate Rewards Mastercard® ... Any Ideas?
  • Hello @Darrel Rusnell

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. We'll need a bit more info here. Are you getting any errors? If so which one but you may not be. How long have the downloads not worked? Do you know which connection method you're using? You can double check by right click on the account then selecting the following options Edit/Delete Account > Online services. From here you'll see the connection type. 

Once you have a chance let us know more details we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I cannot connect to WG either Started last week. Been in touch several times with Quicken support, Westgate and Comenity. Not resolved yet. WG cannot be found.
  • Sisyphus1967Sisyphus1967 Member ✭✭
    Hi. Connecting via ExpressWebConnect. When I check the connlog I can see transactions but they aren't converting into the register. This has been happening since an update sometime around mid-October. Any thoughts would be welcome.
  • Hello everyone,

I was trying to take a look here at Westgate but also noticed that I am not able to find which exact FI connects to Westgate. If you wouldn't mind could you let me know which FI it is exactly by right clicking on the Westgate account then selecting Edit/Delete account > Online Services. In this box we should have a small spot that says Financial Institution. If you could let me know what exactly is here so that I'm able to check more on what exactly is happening.

I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
    Hopefully one of these will show you what you need. Online the URL says comenity
  • @Sisyphus1967

Thanks for the update. I was taking a look and noticed that the connection isn't available for connection anymore. I'm wondering if they may have changed or removed it. One way for us to check would be to try to download a QFX file from the bank and try importing it into a test file. I'll leave information on how to do so down below.

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
    3. Close out of the add account screen and you should have a blank file    `

From here you'll want to download the file from westgate. I'll leave instructions below on what to look for as every website has the download located in different places. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/web-connect-troubleshooting

Once this is done see if you're able to download the file and import into quicken. If you're unable to download the correct file let me also know. If you are able to import the file could you take a screenshot again of the account details and we'll see if anything has changed. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Francisco, unfortunately their FAQ says that the QFX file format is not available from the member services page so it can't be downloaded by hand. I tried calling their customer support but they aren't very bright and couldn't even understand that I was trying to find out if they still supported a third party financial management package like Quicken. I would have attached a connlog and ofxlog of my most recent attempt to update my card for your amusement/perusal but this interface doesn't seem to allow the attaching of text files. If these files would be useful, let me know how I can get them to you.
    Thanks for your help.
  • @Sisyphus1967

Thanks for the update. It sounds and looks like westgate may have removed their 3rd party support in general from the looks of it as we're not able to find any connection method anymore on either your side or our side. In this case it would be up to you to contact westgate for help with requesting it again but generally like you experienced before the first line of support may not know what you're asking about since they're generally not asked about 3rd party applications much.

I would try asking for a department that that might deal more with technical issues as they should have a better understanding of what you're trying to explain to them. I don't have much else but I do wish you the best of luck in getting the connection back up and running.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Westgate MC says they do not have IT people just customer service. And they don't have a clue