Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Download of fractional sales from Merrill Lynch not updating correctly

I have an investment account managed by Merrill Lynch that often results in fractional shares held in the actual Merrill Lynch account.

When these shares are sold, the transactions downloaded from Merrill Lynch have a description of “Fractional Share Sale” and contain a fractional quantity and $ amount. Quicken is translating these transactions into a Quicken action of “Removed”. This “Removed” transaction results in the fractional share quantity being deleted from Quicken, but the $ amount is NOT being added back into the account.

Is there a way to have Quicken automatically recognize the “Fractional Share Sale” as a real “Sale” of stock so I do not need to override each of these transactions?

Comments

• Hello @millstje

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering what exactly could be causing it to be removed instead of sold. If you wouldn't mind could we get some screenshots of the transactions when this happens before and after. I'd like to see if we're able to find anything with a couple of screenshots. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

As a side note you may need to add the photos by dragging and dropping them into the text box on the response page. 

Once you get a chance let us know some more details and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• millstjemillstje Member
    Here are pictures showing the trail of one example of a fractional share transaction, as well as one example of a whole quantity sale transaction. The whole qty sale correctly updates the cash balance for account, but the fractional sale does not update the cash balance.
  • @millstje

Thank you for the photo and update. I was trying on my end to see if I could replicate this on my side but was unable to.  Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT