Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why don't downloaded transactions match the ones already in the register?

There's a sudden change in Quicken's behavior. I'm accustomed to entering transactions in the register from receipts, etc. and then downloading all accounts, and watching as the "New Match" messages appear. Today, suddenly, Quicken is ignoring the item already in the register, entering a new, identical transaction, marking it "New Match" and placing a "C" in the CLR column. The original entries I had made are marked "Uncleared." This happened on numerous items and I know they were correctly entered as to Payee and Amount. [Quicken Premier, Windows 10, user for more than 20 years]

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pre entering transactions isn't something I do a lot of so I tried an experiment.
    Note this was in a Direct Connect account, it might vary for an Express Web Connect account.

I picked out two transactions from my current data file one for 20.38 on 11/18/2020 and one for 13.77 on 11/19/2020.

I purposely put in the first one with 11/17/2020 (a day before the transaction) and the second one for 11/23/2020 (a day into the future).

Before updating:

After updating:

Even though I didn't get the duplicates you mention, I also didn't get the New Match for these transactions, and certainly should have.  This is a change and a bug.

Note I did try one more thing and that was entering a transaction with a future date (from today not from when the transaction actually came in) and that one wasn't matched and it was duplicated, but that was "expected".
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a sudden change in Quicken's behavior. I'm accustomed to entering transactions in the register from receipts, etc. and then downloading all accounts, and watching as the "New Match" messages appear. Today, suddenly, Quicken is ignoring the item already in the register, entering a new, identical transaction, marking it "New Match" and placing a "C" in the CLR column. The original entries I had made are marked "Uncleared." This happened on numerous items and I know they were correctly entered as to Payee and Amount. [Quicken Premier, Windows 10, user for more than 20 years]

I do enter Transactions for the most part in the register or as the transaction is sitting in the Downloaded Transactions area beneath the register. I do not allow transactions to be entered automatically in the register.

Contains information for Quicken Premium Support.

Could you have downloaded Duplicated Transactions?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R31.20  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21322.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.804

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

I think it might be important to know if the account in question is connected with Direct Connect or Express Web Connect.  So could you please let us know which it is.

And even though I can appreciate the fact that one way to workaround this problem might be to turn off automatic entry mode, by no means should that be the "fix".  Automatic entry mode should work properly, and it currently doesn't even in my testing (no New Match status).

Note I have seen the no New Match status bug happen when using sync to Mobile/Web, but I didn't have that on in this case.  But you might and it can contribute to such problems, so please state if you are using Mobile/Web sync.
  • mccallbillsmccallbills Member ✭✭
    Here's what I got yesterday morning - (I had previously entered the items that show "uncleared" and Quicken added the duplicate items and marked them as "New Match" and "C."

Everything has worked without issue until I opened Quicken yesterday and it downloaded updates.

The online account shown in the clip is Capital One, with Express Web Connect +, but it also affects two Bank of America cards with Express Web Connect.

I've just turned off Mobile & Web Sync and will see if this makes a difference.

I'm running Quicken Premier, R 30.10, Build 27.1.30.10; on Windows 10, Home, 64 bit, Version 2004, build 19041.630.

Thanks, all
    Disabling Mobile & Web Sync didn't fix this. Problem continues... Am I the only one?
    Well they have been having problems with Express Web Connect account since they have started switching people over to a new "connection method" called QCS, so that might be it.  Here is a thread where I point out what QCS is.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync

At this point my suggestion would be to contact Quicken Support and see if they have any suggestions.
    Contact Quicken Support
    Thanks, Chris. Will do.