Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Questions about using the Community?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken for Mac v6.0 Released.

Comments

• RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Why are my comments now being flagged that they are held to be reviewed?

I typed up a fairly long comment about an issue and I got a message that it had to be approved.

EDIT: This one posted immediately but the other hasn't yet.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    OK, who clicked Dislike?  I was asking a real question.
  • Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    @Rick, that was me. I was trying to express frustration that your comment was flagged.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you.  It's been almost an hour and the comment still hasn't posted.  Maybe it'll show up.  I spent some time getting the issue concise and noted and hate that it may be lost.
  • Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    RIck said:
    Thank you.  It's been almost an hour and the comment still hasn't posted.  Maybe it'll show up.  I spent some time getting the issue concise and noted and hate that it may be lost.
    The like on this comment was me. :smiley:
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @RIck I wouldn't hold your breath. This happened to me twice recently and my comments were never posted. One of them was a long detailed explanation on how to treat an annuity that took me over 20 minutes to write. I didn't re-write my post, since I didn't want to waste my time again.

Neither of my posts was controversial, so there should not have been a reason for it to be flagged. I'm thinking there is a hiccup in the system somewhere.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    OK, posted a shorter version and it is also being held for review.  Luckily I pasted a copy into Word in case it doesn't show up.

• RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    I tried 3 more times and no go.

EDIT: But this one went through.  What gives?

• RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    going to try once more.

Ok, I'll try posting again.  A shorter version of my original lost post.

There is a download issue with bank accounts.  It is a -28 error 323 issue and I started the post here back on Nov. 7th: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20132629#Comment_20132629 

Issue started back in October.  Several users have posted to the thread as they are having issues too.  Several (myself included) have used chat and phone support without success.  I did finally get mine to work after spending numerous hours but I'm not sure it is a permanent fix.  Others haven't been so lucky.  Several moderators posted and requested log files which have been sent by several users.  Then dead silence.  None have commented that they have received the files or that someone is looking into it.  

I don't think that we should have to post issues in your thread here in order for someone to get back to us about any issues but apparently something is broken with online support.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Rick  The thing to understand is that this forum is not the same as, nor a duplicate for, Quicken Support. The Quicken moderators here mainly keep the forum organized (merge or separate threads, remove foul language, etc.), and sometimes try to answer questions for users. But Quicken Support phone agents can share your screen, see your log files, try different things with you or test and try to resolve a problem, and if they find there is a bona fide connectivity issue with a financial institution, they can pass that upstream to the connectivity team at Intuit. So generally for connectivity issues, it's best to try working with Quicken Support if this forum doesn't provide a quick answer that solves your problem.

If you were working with a specific Quicken moderator here and want to follow up, you can try sending them a direct message. Direct messaging is available by clicking on the Inbox (which is, yes, bassackwards for creating an outgoing message) at the very top of any screen on this site:  You will need to enter the Quicken rep's name exactly as it appears here in the forum in order for it to reach them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks @jacobs  The phone rep I spoke with wasn't interested in doing any of that.  Apparently, others weren't either according to what people said in the thread linked above.  Maybe phone support isn't the same across the staff.

My issue was with a CU.  It is very small and only in 3 or 4 cities.  I doubt there are very many members of the CU that even use Quicken even though Quicken supports the CU.  In the linked thread, it was happening to users of several CU's so not bank specific but quicken mac specific.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    RIck said:
    Why are my comments now being flagged that they are held to be reviewed?

I typed up a fairly long comment about an issue and I got a message that it had to be approved.

EDIT: This one posted immediately but the other hasn't yet.
    This isn't "someone out to get you".  This forum software has a "feature" for trying to prevent spam by basically from what I can tell "semi randomly" sending comments to the moderators.  I say semi, because I do believe if you post more frequently it ups the chance that it will send it to the moderators.

From there the moderators have to approve the comment before it will show up.  And depending on time of day and such a moderator might not be around to do that, so it can result in very lengthy delays.  Which BTW is a real pain when your comment is posted way out of the flow of the conversation!

Note that this only happens to the people that haven't got "enough stars" to be "trusted".  So for the people that post a lot on here don't see this happening and might forget that it does happen to the new users.

EDIT:

You might also want to use the Save Draft option for longer comments to make sure you have them if for whatever reason they get "lost".  To see your existing drafts you can use this URL: My Drafts — Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    @Chris_QPW  But the user having this problem, Rlck, shows as having three stars. Isn't that pretty-well "trusted"?
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Removed
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    This isn't "someone out to get you".  

I'm not the paranoid type.      Just wondering why it occurred so I could avoid it in the future.  

jacobs said:
    @Chris_QPW  But the user having this problem, Rlck, shows as having three stars. Isn't that pretty-well "trusted"?
    I'm very trustworthy.   o
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW

Thanks for the My Drafts info.  I didn't know they have a section in the community home page because it doesn't show up normally.  I just did a test post, did the Save Draft and I now have that section under My Discussions on the home page.  

BTW, what does QPW stand for?
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Well, the My Drafts section disappeared on the home page.  I'll just save your link.  
  • jacobs
    My Drafts only show up when you have one or more saved drafts. Once you post the draft(s), it goes away.
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    After saving the draft and then posting the above comment, My Drafts section disappeared on the home page.  Even your link, while the section shows, there aren't any drafts.  If once you post the comment it removes the draft, how does that help?
  • jacobs
    Drafts can help you if you accidentally click on another link and leave the page you're typing on, or in case you want to step away and come back later. But once you post something, it's no longer a draft. ;)

So it's not a help if your post is held for moderation, for some reason.

One other thing you can try: visit your own user profile, and you should be able to see all your posts. To get to your profile, click the avatar at the very top of any page, or click your avatar on any post. (Command-click to open in a new tab without leaving the page you're on.) In the left sidebar of your profile page, click on "Comments" and you'll get a page of all your comments starting with the most recent. I assume you can see any comments which are held pending moderation, but I can't verify this.)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    First off I don't know what the cut off is for "trusted".  But I think it is quite a lot!
    Second sorry on drafts idea.  I saw it and suggested it, but I didn't think to check if the draft gets removed after posting.  I guess then you would have to keep your own copy like saving it in a text file or some kind of note system.

QPW stands for QuicknPerlWiz (as in Quicken and Perl Wizard) which was my original user name on Quicken forums, but all the SuperUsers would just abbreviate that to QPW so I just changed it.   :)
    Signature:
  • RIck
    RIck Member ✭✭✭
    Just checked and posts held pending moderation are not in the comments on my profile page.  They are evidently gone.  If they do show up, they will be a page or so back on this thread for no-one to see.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    RIck said:
    Just checked and posts held pending moderation are not in the comments on my profile page.  They are evidently gone.  If they do show up, they will be a page or so back on this thread for no-one to see.
    No, if they get posted it will be to the end of the thread (from my experience when it was happening to me).  Which I guess in one way that is better because like you said if it is posted back in the thread they wouldn't be seen.  On the other hand it can lead to some strange where your comment looks completely out of place.  So I guess the lesson there is make sure you include a quote for the comment you are responding too, if that applies.
    Signature: