Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

cant' download trans from my synchrony account

Receiving error OL-221-A/OL-221-B when I try to import trans from my TJ Maxx account.

Best Answer

• Quicken DianaQuicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod
    Accepted Answer

[email protected]maxstep1

Thank you for posting in the Community today though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the OL221 A & B errors.

Here is a LINK to the directions to resolve this error. Ultimately you may need to give us a call at SUPPORT.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

Answers

• Quicken DianaQuicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod
    Accepted Answer

[email protected]maxstep1

Thank you for posting in the Community today though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with the OL221 A & B errors.

Here is a LINK to the directions to resolve this error. Ultimately you may need to give us a call at SUPPORT.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• maxstep1maxstep1 Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Diana. Thanks for responding to my entry. This was an open problem recently that was resolved 11/2 (see the title of the email from Quicken Tyka below). I was last able to successfully import trans 11/12 before my current issue started. I hope this is helpful.

From Subject Received Size
    Quicken_Tyka Re: [Quicken] UPDATED 10/21/2020 Synchrony Bank OL-221 Invalid OFX error 11/2/2020
  • wrightjtwrightjt Member ✭✭
    Synchrony has messed it up again for the last few weeks (at least) for their Sam's club accounts; same problem with Rs in the start/end date. Easy manual fix to qfx file, as noted previously. I called Synchronony tech support and notified them of the workaround; they told me they are aware of the problem.
    I was able to download trans on 11/30, but could not on 12/1 or today (12/2).
  • bwaddingtonbwaddington Member ✭✭
    Same issue with Amazon - Synchrony account. Has not worked in several months.
  • I have the same issue with synchrony..... I have 3 other credit cards.... Synchrony has always been the most difficult for many years
  • YelnakYelnak Member ✭✭
    Same here w/ my 3 accounts... one day they work, the next they don't. Tried deactivating, then loading the downloaded the OFX file... it worked - but only once.
  • James JJames J Member ✭✭
    I have an Amazon Visa, from Synchrony. I can download a QFX file but Quicken will not read it and will not import the data. I can open the QFX file with Notepad and verify it has data. I realized Synchrony is producing QFX files missing two critical dates.

Here's the solution to get it to work:

1. Go to Synchrony website and download a Quicken file to your desktop
    2. Right click the Quicken file and open with Notepad
    3. Control-F and search for everything in the quotes "<DTSTART>". You'll see
    <DTSTART>R
    <DTEND>R
    4. Take note of the date of the very first transaction and very last transaction in your downloaded Quicken file. To make it easy for me, I downloaded the exact same time frame in a CSV file to my desktop and looked at that in order to see the first and last transactions.
    5. Replace the first "R" with the date of the first transaction and replace the second "R" with the date of the last transaction. I followed this format: "YYYYMMDD120000[0:GMT]" in both cases.
    6. In notepad, after having made the above changes, Control-S to save. Don't try to Save as or anything, just Control-S.
    7. Close notepad.
    8. Double-click on the Quicken file on your desktop

It's ridiculous that a multi-billion dollar company like Amazon cannot partner with a credit card that is able to keep with the most popular personal finance program in the US.
  • James JJames J Member ✭✭
    > @Lawrence Gorin said:
    > I have the same issue with synchrony..... I have 3 other credit cards.... Synchrony has always been the most difficult for many years
    >

When I click One-Step Update, I have 16 accounts from 10 different institutions that pull data into Quicken. Synchrony is the only one that ever causes me problems.
  • James J. is right on..... Why can't a company like Amazon partner with a credit card company that will not have Synchrony's problems. The only reason I use the Amazon Synchrony is to receive the 5% discount for Prime purchases. Its not worth the hassle. I am losing patience with Synchrony....
    Thank James for a workaround to this problem. I did it today with success. I hope that Quicken will work with Synchrony to fix the problem.
  • December 17 I have the same problem with Synchrony (unable to download transactions through Quicken or even export from Synchrony website to Quicken. Nothing works.... My only alternative is to manually enter each Amazon transactions that purchase from Amazon. There are many others with the same problem on this message board....... Up until November, 2020 everything worked fine... Why the change. Quicken people have spent hours on line with me to try and help....... nothing works..... Surprising that a fine company like Amazon aligns itself with this Synchrony Bank....... they don't even know that Quicken exists and are not very helpful. If it wasn't for the 5% discount on Prime purchases using Synchrony, I would never have anything to do with Synchrony
    Lawrence, overall I agree with you. Until there is a solution to this issue, I suggest you try the temporary work around that James documents in his 12/4 post. I have used it a couple of times.
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it wasn't for the 5% discount on Prime purchases using Synchrony, I would never have anything to do with Synchrony"
    For whatever reason, Amazon seems to have chosen to partner with various Financial Institutions to issue their "Prime" card and, as far as I know all of them provide the 5% discount.  My Amazon Prime credit card is issued by Chase, offers the 5% discount, and uses Direct Connect - the most reliable method - for downloading.  You might see if you can get another Amazon Prime credit card through a different bank, if that's possible.  (Amazon might limit what bank can issue you a credit card based on your home address.)