Use previous year's actuals in budget

Frank5
Frank5 Member ✭✭✭
One of the features I miss from Managing Your Money (Microsoft) is the ability to use last years actuals as the new years budget.  This feature may have been a part of the "Close Out Previous Year" or maybe it was in the budget section as a year round feature.

In any case this was a great idea since it allowed for cost of living increases in budget items or just price increases over time.

Thanks for your consideration :)

0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken already provides this functionality:

• Frank5
    Frank5 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock,

It took some searching but I finally found the screen you posted.  Unless I'm mistaken, it's not listed in the "Budget Actions" or "Planning Tools", etc.drop down boxes.  I had to click on the arrows next to the Budget & View drop down boxes to access the screen.

Thanks again for your help, I plan on using this in the future :):wink:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank5 said:
    Thanks Sherlock,

It took some searching but I finally found the screen you posted.  Unless I'm mistaken, it's not listed in the "Budget Actions" or "Planning Tools", etc.drop down boxes.  I had to click on the arrows next to the Budget & View drop down boxes to access the screen.

Thanks again for your help, I plan on using this in the future :):wink:
    The window should appear when we attempt to view a new year for an existing budget for the first time. 
  • > @Sherlock said:
    > Quicken already provides this functionality:

Unfortunately, I selected the first option on that window without Syncing my account & saving a backup. Is there any way that I can go back and correct that without going to a previous backed up file? (I just reconciled ALL of my bank accounts {none online so done manually}, so I would really rather not have to redo all of that.