Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Error 155 connecting to BoA

Ever since upgrading to Version 6.0.1 (Build 600.37045.100) on MAC, I'm unable to connect to BoA to download transactions. I'm getting error 155: FI is blocking our incoming traffic. Any news on this?

Best Answer

Answers

• uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member
    Error 155, FI Blocking prevents update of BOA accounts. Is there a solution?
  • jlgg
    jlgg Member ✭✭✭
    Exactly the same here. Fine until this morning
  • I just did a chat with Q Support. After doing a screenshare and looking around...she said it was a known problem and to wait 48 hours. I upgraded to Big Sur (MAC) last night...so I think that is my issue. Not an expert.
  • uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member
    I'm on Catalina 10.15.7 so not my cause.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Received the following error with Bank of America this morning (Nov.24):Error 155 F1 is blocking our traffic
  • uconnjhd
    uconnjhd Member
    I did upgrade to Quicken Version 6.0.1. Curious if this be a factor.
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    same and the typical finger pointing.  Quicken says its BofA and BofA says its quicken so it remains unresolved.

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Was fine as of yesterday (November 23) so its new for me.
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020
    What is most frustrating about this is the finger-pointing. We pay Quicken for a service.  Instead of bouncing us customers to call BofA regardless of whether the problem is on the Quicken side or BofA side, it seems to me it should be Quicken who should own resolving it instead of wasting our time telling us to call BofA who then tells us to call Quicken!  I was not the first user today to call BofA!  And I spent over 1 hour on 2 calls with Quicken with screen sharing etc.  

And of course, Quicken had me deactivate downloads which now I can't reactivate due to this error so there is no simple way that I will now know if the issue has resolved but I can only keep trying to re-activate downloads to tell!
  • dshew
    dshew Member
    I am having the same issue.
  • Just got off the call with Quicken and after an hour of trying resetting the connections, etc. they said to wait 24 hours and try again. This is ridiculous and I'm sure it has to do with the new version I upgraded to and/or an upgrade from Apple. Even if we aren't on Bug Sur, I'm sure it's causing issues on the security platform of BoA
  • Laurel Cull
    Laurel Cull Member ✭✭
    This is not just a Mac version issue, this is also happening on the Windows version.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah Not sure if this is helpful – my three BofA accounts that are Direct Connect worked this morning, but my one BofA account that is Quicken Connect did not work.
  • BuffaloDoug
    BuffaloDoug Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Bank of America has stopped working for me ... went to BOA site, wanted me to reset my password.  I did, and logged into BOA website.  Then I updated my BOA account and it continued to give me this error.

name: (null)
    email: (null)
    date: 2020-11-24 10:07:47 (America/Chicago)
    date: 2020-11-24 16:07:47 (GMT)
    date: 2020-11-24 08:07:47 (PST)
    Product: Quicken Beta
    Version: 6.0.1
    Build: 600.37045.100
    Sync: Enabled
    Cloud status: 32
    Intuit user id: 10878045
    Mint data set name: (null)
    Mint data set id: (null)
    QCS user name: [email protected]
    QCS user id: 31248674728020992
    QCS data set name: Acker Cloud Accounts
    QCS data set id: 204919449007160576
    CC user id: 1003849033381
    QCS file name: Acker Quicken Data.quicken
    QCS file Id: 204919449040715008
    Client file name: Acker Quicken Data.quicken
    Client file Id: A43E3ABA-53E2-4695-A383-D6B0B44666F2

errors count: 1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
    error #1
    level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    add account error

suggestion:
    Try again later.

system description:
    institution login: can't setup (aggregator error)

BID: 26757

FI name: Bank of America

response:
    {
      "code" : 200,
      "resource" : {
        "status" : "UPDATED",
        "pollingReference" : "\/institution-logins\/204919484305702913\/poll",
        "id" : "204919484305702913",
        "clientId" : "C5E3BD2B-290F-4F51-AE66-8F8E286A216C"
      }
    }

poll response:
    {
      "status" : "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR",
      "aggregators" : [
        {
          "cpAggStatusDetail" : "Error 155 FI is blocking our traffic.",
          "isProcessing" : false,
          "aggStatus" : "FI_BLOCKING",
          "cpAggStatusCode" : "ccscrape.155"
        }
      ],
      "mode" : "UPDATE_CREDENTIALS",
      "institutionLoginId" : "204919484305702913",
      "isProcessing" : false
    }

• JeffM361
    JeffM361 Member
    Add me to the list of frustrated users.

Catalina and latest Quicken 6.0 version....
  • jeff.krask
    jeff.krask Member
    edited November 2020
    This only happens on BofA site - everything else OK. Tried resetting connection, etc....
  • cwiener
    cwiener Member ✭✭
    I’m seeing the same error message.
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    Seems to be fixed for the moment.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree that the BOA error is gone - downloading via Express Web Connect again.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Emcintyre
    Emcintyre Member
    Just started getting this error today when trying to update BofA accounts. Anyone else?
  • BurbankBoy
    BurbankBoy Member
    I got the error with the B of a account yesterday and today. I assume it is the bank throttling traffic noted in some of the other comment chains
  • QknThomas
    QknThomas Member
    Urgh.. yup, same here on Mac Quicken. Started getting BOA's Error 155 today