Bill Manager

Since bill pay has ended and Bull manager implemented the use of this function has left me very unhappy and likely to quit using this program. Support is practically no existent when contacting support personal normally can only escalate the problem to whom ever. Is anyone else dissatisfied with this change. Cannot use Quick pay and quickly am running out of the number of checks I use to pay my bills. I suggest Quicken double the amount of checks that we can use in check pay until this is resolved.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you would like to schedule online payments from within Quicken using online payees like you did with Quicken Bill Pay, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment using the Direct Connect connection method. 

Otherwise, I suggest you consider most online billers may be set to automatically charge a credit card or withdraw from a checking account and most financial institution provide free bill pay services.  
  • dwdzioba
    dwdzioba Member
    I paid good money for my software on the basis of using bill pay which worked for several years. Beginning to think Quicken has become second rate. They should stop using Bill Manger until they get it to operate like bill pay did.
    They should not make us pay extra for the number of checks that I use to do my billpaying until they get the rest of it working properly. To suggest that I should use another service is absurd . I wonder if they have a disclaimer with the new software purchases that Bill Manager does not function. I sure hope so. I don't recommend this program to anyone.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwdzioba said:
    I paid good money for my software on the basis of using bill pay which worked for several years. Beginning to think Quicken has become second rate. They should stop using Bill Manger until they get it to operate like bill pay did.
    They should not make us pay extra for the number of checks that I use to do my billpaying until they get the rest of it working properly. To suggest that I should use another service is absurd . I wonder if they have a disclaimer with the new software purchases that Bill Manager does not function. I sure hope so. I don't recommend this program to anyone.
    Metavante Payment Services decided to terminate their Quicken Bill Pay service.  The more than 500 other financial institutions that provide online bill payment service in Quicken were not impacted.  We are still able to send payments to our online payees.

For those users using Quicken Bill Pay or expecting to be able to use Quicken Bill Pay, Quicken decided to offer limited access to Quick Pay (the ability to use Quicken to pay Online Bills using the Online Biller's payment service) and Check Pay (the ability to send a check to anyone in the US):  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-many-payments-can-i-make-each-month

If you haven't already, you may want to review Quicken Terms of Use.
  • Rick Wegmann
    Rick Wegmann Member ✭✭
    I'm in the process of cancelling Quicken Bill Manager. However, I can't seem to find out how to do that. I only use one or two payments a month, since I pay all of my bills with automatic deductions from either my checking account or my credit card. However, there is usually one or two vendors that don't offer that and I have to issue a check. But I just found out my bank offers free online payment through Quicken . .dummy me, I should have figured this out sooner. So I'm cancelling but not sure how to do that within Quicken.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    For a variety of reasons I have also stopped using Quicken services for paying bills. I have removed all payment authorizations from my checking accounts and deleted all online bills.  I then downgraded to Deluxe.  I had used QBP for years, first paying monthly, and then through a Premier subscription.  I assume I have discontinued Bill Manager however I find the information on Help, My Quicken Account a bit confusing.

I don't expect to be billed for the service but who knows for sure?

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    I have been using my Chase account for for Bill Payment for several years -
    and do everything from within Quicken.... works great - as mentioned - lots of banks -
    The bank has to support Quicken Direct Connect - and have PAYMENT avail.
    10898    10898    10898    Chase    https://www.chase.com/    1-877-242-7372    https://secure01c.chase.com    ACTIVE   
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT   
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.