Add Memo and Tag Columns in Reconcile Window

I would like to see Memo and Tag fields visible (or at least optionally visible) in the Reconcile window. I often have multiple transactions from the same Payee but for different reasons, and sometimes close to the same date. At the moment if I need to verify a transaction, I must switch back and forth between the Reconcile and Register windows.
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until Quicken acts on your suggestion, may I recommend that you set up and use distinct Payee Names for situations where you now have the same Payee Name, but different categories / memos / tags, e.g.
    • Safeway - Groceries
    • Safeway - Pharmacy
    • Safeway - Gas Station
    Not only does that help you identify transactions during Reconcile, but it will also make data entry easier using memorized transactions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is where Quicken's Mac doing the reconcile in the account register itself is superior.  The field I would always wanted was the category.

This runs into the same kind of differences between reviewing downloaded transactions in the register and the Downloaded Transactions tab.  In the register you know you have full access to anything in the register.  When there is any kind of dialog/tab, you have beg for all the fields you might want to be included.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    ...This runs into the same kind of differences between reviewing downloaded transactions in the register and the Downloaded Transactions tab. When there is any kind of dialog/tab, you have beg for all the fields you might want to be included.
    When they eventually re-introduce the Transaction Download tab feature in QMac, hopefully they will not make this mistake. In QM2007 you have access to all the same fields as in the register, so hopefully they will take their cues from that.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)