Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Fidelity 401k account type not listed; 401k share count converts to dollars on sync

I am having issues keeping my 401k balances accurate in Quicken. I decided to create new accounts using the simple investing option. When I try to add a 401k account, I find my broker (Fidelity or Vanguard), enter my credentials and see the list of possible accounts to add. However the account type options only list IRA or Keogh, 529 or Brokerage.

I selected IRA/Keogh to add the account. On that day everything downloaded properly, but on the next sync all individual shares turn to cash (1 share becomes $1) even though each share is worth more than $1.

To sum, I am experiencing 2 issues: Not seeing 401k as a type and Losing accurate share info on sync.
Tagged:

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you may find your Fidelity 401k account at: Fidelity NetBenefits
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • vinnyleovinnyleo Member
    I found the account when quicken checked Fidelity. The issue is Quicken doesn't give me the option to select 401k as an account type.
    vinnyleo said:
    I found the account when quicken checked Fidelity. The issue is Quicken doesn't give me the option to select 401k as an account type. 
    The only Fidelity financial institution that supports a connected 401k type account is: Fidelity NetBenefits

If you don't have access to the 401k account at Fidelity NetBenefits, I suggest you consider creating an offline 401k type account.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    vinnyleo said:
    To sum, I am experiencing 2 issues: Not seeing 401k as a type and Losing accurate share info on sync.  I decided to create new accounts using the simple investing option.
    What version are you running..... Help --> About Quicken
    You might also try sticking with the Complete Investing vs the Simple Investing..
    There were some recent problems with Fidelity and $1.00 quote pricing.
    On your 401k search... as mentioned, Fidelity has a different website for certain "retirement" accounts... mainly those "benefit" accounts -
    we have a 403b that works just fine -
    10482    10482    10482    Fidelity NetBenefits    http://www.401k.com    800-581-5800    http://www.401k.com    ACTIVE   
    INVESTMENT,ACCOUNTINFO,401K&DIRECT 

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    R30.10.
    vinnyleo said:
    R30.10.
    I suggest you select Brokerage.  You should be able to convert the brokerage account into a 401(k) account: open the account, press Ctrl + Shift + E, choose Yes for Tax deferred, select Convert to 401/(k)/IRA/529, ...
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Thanks. I selected Brokerage and the account was created. When I looked at the type, it was listed as 401k so obviously something strange is happening with account setup. I did have to revert to Complete Investing to allow me to remove the entries that were causing the balances to be off. I think it is as solved as it can be until a larger fix is implemented regarding syncing these accounts. Thanks for your assistance, Sherlock and ps56k