Home Before you Buy
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I manually make a payment on subscription service

For some reason my payment did not go through on my subscription service. I cannot find any way to put payment through manually. How do I do that?

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @azgeek,

Can you provide some additional information?  For example, are you trying to renew your Quicken subscription or are you talking about making a payment through Quicken on another subscription service?  Also what method did you use for the payment that "did not go through" - was it Quicken Bill Manager, or your bank's bill payment function?  More information will help us understand the problem.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • azgeekazgeek Member
    It was a payment on my subscription to Quicken. My account was set for autopay and when Quicken tried to get the payment they said it would not go through. The card was current and it had plenty of money so I wanted to try the payment manually through my Quicken account but could find no way to do it.
    Hi again @azgeek

Okay, thanks for the additional information. When does your current subscription expire?  I think you have two potential ways to do it:

In Quicken, you can go to: "Help" > "My Quicken Account" > "Setup Payment Now" > click on "Card" or "Paypal" and then "Complete Setup".  Or, it might be even easier to simply call them at this number:

+1 (888) 415-7170

They are available M-F 5am-5pm PT

Good luck.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • azgeekazgeek Member
    That will setup the payment for autopay but it will not have the payment go through immediately. I was looking for a way to immediately make the payment. If there is not a way to do that through the site there should be. Unfortunately my subscription has expired. I found out on a holiday when they are not open to accept payments by phone. Thank you for your replies but I already had this information.
    @azgeek,

You can make an immediate payment if you call the number above.  Unfortunately they are closed today, but if you call tomorrow, you should be able to make the payment on the call.

Frankx

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always purchase a copy of Quicken from a 3rd party (Walmart, Staples, Costco, etc.), get an activation code and enter it into your Quicken software.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    azgeek said:
    For some reason my payment did not go through on my subscription service. I cannot find any way to put payment through manually. How do I do that?
    Hi @azgeek ,

Quicken does not offer existing Customers discounts on renewing Quicken Software.
    If you were trying to take advantage of like 40% off from Quicken, it does not go through.

Log into your My Account at: https://www.quicken.com/ and set Auto-Renew to Off.

The prices at Amazon, reflect Full Retail Price and they currently have 40% Coupon to be applied at checkout for CD Purchase only. No more Downloads from Amazon.com for Quicken Software purchases.

Currently Deluxe is $31.19 at Amazon.com with 40% off applied.

Do not enter the Activation Code, until you are within say 5 months of expiring.

Quicken does not allow the stacking of Activation Codes,

If you attempt to do so, you can lose the codes. Quicken only allows about two years until Membership expires.

See this FAQ for information:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R30.21  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21296.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.746

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

This discussion has been closed.