Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Update Problem with credit card accounts

Running Windows latest version R30.10 Build 27.1.30.10. I have problem with updating credit card transaction downloads.
2 cards with Chase, 1 uses Direct Connect; the other Web Connect.
2 other cards with Citibank also use Web connect.
I never notice these connection methods until now. I cannot seem to be able to assign a preferred connection method either.

Anyway, the card with Chase using Direct connect has no issue. The problem seems limited to only accounts with Web Connect.

The other cards re-downloaded MANY (not ALL) bank transactions since 8/28/20 while deleting the previously edited transactions (reconciled or not) in my Quicken desktop. The transactions retain the Payees as recorded from the banks and have no categories. So I lost MOST of my edits to the payees, category splits, memos, etc... for 3 months.

I have not noticed same problem from checking or investment accounts.

I could painfully and manually edit the "newly downloaded" credit card transactions. But how do I know what the cause is so that after I spend a few hours fixing these errors, the same problem is not going to happen again next week? Also would the problem occur in my checking or investment accounts?

Thanks for any advice, suggestions? I have used Quicken for 20+ years.

Thang
Tagged:

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • thangtnthangtn Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Sherlock. I followed the instruction with the link you provided and was able to convert the Chase card to Direct Connect.

However, as soon as I connected to Chase on that one particular account, I got a message "Your data sync to our improved cloud service, one time process and may take several minutes". The sync process took over and did the same terrible thing to ALL my credit card accounts: i.e., it downloaded and immediately added the original transactions from the financial institutions from last 3 months to the registers, and wiped over category splits and memos of many, but not all, edited transactions.

Usually the downloaded transactions would wait below the registers to be manually matched. In such case, I can ignore/delete the unwanted activities. Is there a way to stop the One Step Update so it does not do the matching itself?

I'm worried about this so-called "improved cloud service". The problem seems limited to credit card accounts only. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thangtn said:
    Thanks, Sherlock. I followed the instruction with the link you provided and was able to convert the Chase card to Direct Connect.

However, as soon as I connected to Chase on that one particular account, I got a message "Your data sync to our improved cloud service, one time process and may take several minutes". The sync process took over and did the same terrible thing to ALL my credit card accounts: i.e., it downloaded and immediately added the original transactions from the financial institutions from last 3 months to the registers, and wiped over category splits and memos of many, but not all, edited transactions.

Usually the downloaded transactions would wait below the registers to be manually matched. In such case, I can ignore/delete the unwanted activities. Is there a way to stop the One Step Update so it does not do the matching itself?

I'm worried about this so-called "improved cloud service". The problem seems limited to credit card accounts only. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Before attempting to restore the Quicken file backup (or open an earlier copy of a Quicken File), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10