Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

quicken mobile & web doesn't sync with one step update

I'm wondering if anyone is having the same problems I am having and if there are any proposed solutions.

I can't seem to get one step update to sync mobile and web. As a result, my mobile app doesn't have the most recent and current transactions. I have read the previous discussions and trouble shooting to no avail. I regularly keep my desktop version of Quicken up to date, and am looking to try to use the App on my iPhone more.

To summarize what I have tried and where I have gotten with the trouble shooting: I have looked in the preferences and Quicken ID settings and I have Sync turned on under the "Mobile & Web" settings and it has the correct accounts set. I have checked under "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts" and it has the correct Quicken ID, dataset, and file name.

Here is what I am seeing:

- If I perform a one step update, the date and time stamp both in the preferences (Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts) and on the Quicken Mobile & Web screen remain at the last date and time I manually selected "Sync Now" from the Mobile & Web screen.
- If I reset my cloud data, one step update will correctly sync the mobile & web data ONLY THE FIRST TIME I run a one step update. Every time after that one step update doesn't sync the cloud or mobile again.
- I have also tried deselecting cloud data and then re-selecting it from the one step preferences and it hasn't worked either. I've tried deselecting it from one step update, updating, restarting, re-selecting, and a myriad of combinations of the choices to try to get it to work every time.

So the only way I can sync the data is by directly using the "Sync Now" option from the Mobile & Web screen.

I'm currently using Quicken Premier R30.10 build 27.1.30.10

Has anyone else had this problem and do you have any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @FuseF16,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and apologize for not having received a response yet.

Since you already tried doing a normal cloud reset, instead you can try manually resetting your cloud data by deleting your cloud account from a test file and then resyncing your main data file which will create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within the data file).

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile app. Then, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Creating a new file). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#)
    5. Select the cloud account used for you main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete
    After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to How to alternate between multiple files). Once the main file opens, follow the instructions found in the support article to resync your data. If successful, sign back in on your mobile app. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as it's cloud account.

If that fails or you prefer to have assistance, then I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone in case you may need more extensive troubleshooting. They also have the ability to screen share with you if you're comfortable doing so.
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• FuseF16FuseF16 Member
    Additionally, transactions I enter in the mobile App do not download or update on the desktop version of Quicken after a one step update either.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @FuseF16,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and apologize for not having received a response yet.

Since you already tried doing a normal cloud reset, instead you can try manually resetting your cloud data by deleting your cloud account from a test file and then resyncing your main data file which will create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within the data file).

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile app. Then, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Creating a new file). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#)
    5. Select the cloud account used for you main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete
    After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to How to alternate between multiple files). Once the main file opens, follow the instructions found in the support article to resync your data. If successful, sign back in on your mobile app. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as it's cloud account.

If that fails or you prefer to have assistance, then I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone in case you may need more extensive troubleshooting. They also have the ability to screen share with you if you're comfortable doing so.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Did this solve the issue Fuse16?