Quick Pay/Check Pay have Disappeared from my Bank Register

As of today when I open the drop down menu in my check register there is NO OPTION for QUICK PAY/CHECK PAY.  Don't understand it, they were there yesterday. For that matter I no longer have either QUICK PAY or CHECK PAY options in the drop down menus on the right hand side of the the Bills & Income page. No update overnight so my edition of Quicken remains the same R30.10, Build 27.1.20.10. HELP???
Tagged:

Answers

• Bobcxtc
    Bobcxtc Windows Beta Beta
    Should have read Build 27.1.30.10
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Check Tools, Account List to see if your payment account is still enabled for Bill Manager.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Bobcxtc
    OK, thank you for the suggestion.  No, suddenly my account used for Bill Pay is telling me -"no - (Set up Bill Manager)".  When I click on the link it take me to an information dialogue screen but does not let me set up the account.  Next Steps or Suggestions please?
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you still have a functioning online bill?  If not, that would prevent setting up a Quick Pay account.  If so, I'd try chatting with support to see if there is a way to avoid going through the whole re-authorization process.  
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    I have been using Bill Manager since this summer. The last few weeks, when I try to enter a payment, it says “this acct is not enabled for online payments.” When I try to enable the Wells Fargo checking as the payment acct and put in the routing & acct numbers, it says “Routing & acct info may not be modified bc there are payments processing.” I spent some time chatting with Quicken support, and the guy said that the message about routing numbers was from Wells Fargo, and I needed to talk to Wells Fargo Tech support. I called them, and said they don't even have access to Quicken Bill Manager. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Bobcxtc
    No, it is telling me that the account that was set up for  Quicken Bill Manager is now not functional for either Quick Pay or Check Pay. Have no ideas as to why, I certainly never disabled the account.  So, I try to enable it and after filling the Routing Number and Account # and hitting save I get the following - "Routing and account information may not be modified because there are payments processing." 

I have no idea as to what is going on but this new payment system is anything but and enhancement to Quicken.
  • Bobcxtc
    Thank goodness I have alternative means of electronic payment.  This is turning into one huge PITA!!
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    Bobcxtc:

I just posted yesterday about the problem I'm having. The link is below.

When I try to set up a payment, I get the message that the payment acct is not enabled. I first noticed the problem on 11/23, and I think there were Quicken updates shortly before then. I wonder if there could be a connection.

<a rel="nofollow" href="https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883976/payment-acct-for-bill-manager-suddenly-no-longer-enabled#latest" title="Link: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883976/payment-acct-for-bill-manager-suddenly-no-longer-enabled#latest">[</a>Removed--Self-Referencing Link]
  • Bobcxtc
    Mikemc9a - I got my problem fixed yesterday .  Started out with a "CHAT" with a tech rep.  Two hours later he asked if he could call me and talk in person to which I said yes. 1 & 1/2 hours later problems seem to have been solved.  I have my system back with all functionality and no loss of data.  A long, obviously, and tedious project to say the least.  But the Tech was good he stuck with it and assured me we would get things fixed.  The process was so complex that I could not begin to recount the steps we took to solve the situation.  So, I would suggest you do a chat with a Tech. 

Interesting that you point to 11/23 as that is precisely when my problem showed up as well and, yes, it was after a Quicken update.  Would have to assume that the update was the cause of the problem.  Also, can't imagine that you and I are the only two users with this problem?
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    It seems that bobcxtc was having the same problem as me. Below is the link to his thread.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883935/quick-pay-check-pay-have-disappeared-from-my-bank-register#latest
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    Bobcxtc:

Thanks for the info, but I spent an hour and a half yesterday with a Quicken tech and Wells Fargo, so I think I'll wait and see if Quicken fixes the problem before I try to deal with tech support again. By the way is your payment account with Wells Fargo? The tech I talked to thought that Wells was causing the problem.
  • Bobcxtc
    Yes, my payment account, like yours is with WF. Don't know who caused the problem, WF or Quicken, but, as I said, the fix seems to be holding & functioning but was a PITA to accomplish. Good Luck! 
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    Did your solution involve contacting WF or going on their website? The tech I chatted with said it was their problem and left it to them to solve.
  • Bobcxtc
    No, only dealt with the tech at Quicken. Ran an update earlier this PM and all still functioning OK. Still waiting for the two micro deposits to hit my account so I can use Check Pay. 
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    So you had to do the micro deposits again?
  • Bobcxtc
    Yes, correct. Quicken fix done over the weekend so they should hit my account overnight today. Keeping my fingers crossed! 
  • Bobcxtc
    As an FYI - Micro Deposits cleared this morning.  I am now fully functional and hope it stays that way.
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    Bobcxtc:
    Glad it's working for you. I'm going to keep paying bills by alternate methods until we get some guidance on what is causing so many problems between Quicken and Wells Fargo.
  • Bobcxtc
    If an when you have nay information please post it.
  • Bobcxtc
    As an FYI, since the fix my loading and updating of Quicken has improved by a factor of 3.  Prior to the fix the program had slowed down to a crawl both in terms of loading and updating.  Post fix = huge improvement.
  • mikemc9a
    mikemc9a Member ✭✭
    Did the tech person have you delete a lot of work files?
  • Bobcxtc
    No, no total files were deleted in the process.  However, I did have to delete and then reinstate two transactions that were listed as being in process.  Required some special key combination to accomplish same as they would not delete using CTRL-D. Believe it was CTRL+SHIFT+D. Reinstated them after we got the system back up and running.  Also, during the process we Validate, File-File Operations-Validate & Repair, my Quicken file + he had me install the "Mondo-Patch."