Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Payee shows up as "Check"

I have multiple bank accounts and just opened a new one. The downloaded transactions payee for this one account, only, shows up as "Check" for all payees - even though the download in excel comes across fine. Is there a setting within the account itself that I can change?

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Right click on the payee, and select Review downloaded payee.  That is the payee that was sent to Quicken.  If it has the right payee then look to your renaming rules to see if one of them changed it.  If it is in fact "Check" then there isn't anything you can change in Quicken.

If the account is setup for Direct Connect the name came directly from the financial institution, and they are the only ones that can change it.

If the account is setup for Express Web Connect then there is an "interaction" between the financial institution and the Intuit servers that provide this service for Quicken Inc by going to the financial institution's website and downloading transactions.  Intuit gets "agreements" on how this should be done, and it might be possible that they can change it to get the correct payee (but not likely they would do it).  In this case only Quicken Inc support can escalate the problem to see if it can be fixed.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)