Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One Charles Schwab account gets skipped when downloading transactions

When I update transactions for Charles Schwab, all the accounts work fine except for one - it gets skipped completely; no transactions download even though there are some. This has been happening for a week or so. My software is up to date including the mondo patch. I ran a test with a new file, which worked fine so it's not a Schwab problem. During the download, Quicken stops responding for a while but then resumes and says the download is complete. But it's not, one account's transactions are missing.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• MontanaKarlMontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020 Accepted Answer
    I had something similar more than once over the years.

A few times, the easy solution of a manual update of the misbehaving account worked:  Display the register for the account that won't download, and click the Gear icon drop-down in the top right of that window...then Update Now.

If that didn't reconnect the account, then at the same menu (or right click on the account name in the left Account list) - select Edit Account Details and go to the Online Services tab.  If you see a blue message box "Your Financial Institution supports an improved connection method." click the link there to set that up.  Otherwise, click the "Reset Account" button which will disable and then immediately re-enable the online connection.  You may be presented with the dialog that displays all of your Schwab accounts with the option to link them to the proper existing accounts (or ignore, or create a new account in Quicken).

If THAT doesn't work, then make a backup of your file first... and then for each Schwab account, click the Deactivate button.  When finished, then activate one of your Schwab accounts for online services... and you'll get the dialog listing all accounts that lets you link each online account with the corresponding Quicken account.

I've done all 3 methods over the years to resolve this issue.  Hope one works for you.

Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• MontanaKarlMontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2020 Accepted Answer
    I had something similar more than once over the years.

A few times, the easy solution of a manual update of the misbehaving account worked:  Display the register for the account that won't download, and click the Gear icon drop-down in the top right of that window...then Update Now.

If that didn't reconnect the account, then at the same menu (or right click on the account name in the left Account list) - select Edit Account Details and go to the Online Services tab.  If you see a blue message box "Your Financial Institution supports an improved connection method." click the link there to set that up.  Otherwise, click the "Reset Account" button which will disable and then immediately re-enable the online connection.  You may be presented with the dialog that displays all of your Schwab accounts with the option to link them to the proper existing accounts (or ignore, or create a new account in Quicken).

If THAT doesn't work, then make a backup of your file first... and then for each Schwab account, click the Deactivate button.  When finished, then activate one of your Schwab accounts for online services... and you'll get the dialog listing all accounts that lets you link each online account with the corresponding Quicken account.

I've done all 3 methods over the years to resolve this issue.  Hope one works for you.

Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.