Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Credit Card Will Not Update

R30.10
Win 10

I changed my password on a credit card, now Q update and One-Step Update will not update that account. It doesn't give an error. The update for this account runs in a split second and shows a blank page for the update.

Answers

• BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @Spotteddog - Which credit card?  
    What is the connection method...Direct Connect or Express Web Connect?
    Have you been having this issue for a while or did it just happen in the last couple of days?
    Did it start after you had updated the Quicken revision?
    I have occasionally seen this happening myself.  For me, it started back in May or June.  My observations about it:
    • For me, I recall it only happening with accounts set up with EWC.
    • Running OSU, again, will sometimes work.
    • If OSU doesn't work, doing Update Now will sometimes work.
    • If Update Now doesn't work, Reset Account will sometimes work.
    • If Reset Account doesn't work, Deactivate/Reactivate will sometimes work.
    • If this is happening on a weekend, try updating later in the weekend or on Monday because it might be that there is some system maintenance occurring at the FI.  (FI system maintenance most commonly occurs on weekends.  Usually Quicken will return an error code when this happens but that does not always happen.)
    (QW Premier Subscription: R31.5 on Windows 10)
  • SpotteddogSpotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Amazon Store Card, EWC - as always. Already tried everything you recommended. Everything else updates OK. Amazon update returns a blank page. Only happened after I changed the password.
    Did some more checking. It looks like my password vault is screwed up. Most of my accounts can't be edited in the vault. Add, Delete, etc are greyed out and show no password. Must I delete the vault and re-enter all my passwords in a new vault?
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    @Spotteddog - If it is only the accounts with EWC that cannot be edited and "Not Required" is shown, than that is probably because you have been migrated to the QCS connection channel.  QCS is essentially a new routing and Quicken has been migrating QW users to it since June/July.  EWC PWs are saved on the aggregator's server, not in PW Vault.  It's always been that way but with QCS it is more transparent and it does not allow us to edit EWC PWs in PW Vault.  If you want to change an EWC PW with QCS you need to deactivate the account and then reactivate it from Account Details.
    But it could also be that your PW Vault is corrupted and might need to be reset or deleted.  I have seen a few others posting that they have had PW Vault issues over the last couple of months.  What I remember some saying is that deleting their PW Vault and setting up a new one fixed their problem.  The issue with that is that it will deactivate all of your accounts so you will need to reactivate each of them, again.  If all the other steps listed in my post above don't work (including waiting until Monday to try again), then perhaps you might want to try that, too.
    Another idea that you might want to try before deleting your PW Vault:  Try resetting your Cloud Account data.  Sync needs to be turned on in order to do this.
    Once you have Reset, you can turn off Mobile & Web Sync if you wish.
    Then click on "Sign in as a different user" under Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and follow the prompts.  When signing back in use your current Quicken ID and PW.
    Once completed, close Quicken and reopen it and try to update your Amazon Store Card account, again.
    Let me know if any of this helped.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R31.5 on Windows 10)
    Thanks for the help. I'll work on that tomorrow.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon Store Card, EWC - as always. Already tried everything you recommended. Everything else updates OK. Amazon update returns a blank page. Only happened after I changed the password.
    Hi @Spotteddog ,

Quicken has changed the Connection Method for Express Web Connections from FDS to QCS.

Deactivate Online Services for the Amazon Store Card. Once it has been deactivated, do a Set Up Now for your Amazon Store Card, using the up-to-date UserID and password.

Once it downloads the transactions, wait a few days or until you have new transactions to be downloaded. Make sure to go to Preferences and in Downloaded Transactions to uncheck to Automatically add to banking registers. Click OK.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R30.21  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21296.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.746

Note: Product What's New in Quicken is grayed out.. Also Year is stuck on 2020 and Copyright Date is stuck 2018 in About Quicken.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

Hi,
    I've done most of what you recommended. Still not downloading. I'll wait a few days and try again.
    Thanks for all this help.
    edited December 2020
    I waited for a few days and tried everything recommended. Still won't update. I've found a few other posts from people having the same problem with accounts that they tried to change the password as I did.
    Apparently, moving the passwords from the password safe to online has bugs.[Removed-Speculation]
    I have spent more time troubleshooting than actually using Quicken. A few months ago I spent days calling support about a problem (that ending up being on Quicken's end, not mine). [Removed-Off-Topic]ow this problem with changing a password.
    I change all my passwords every few months. If I have the same problem with every change, what should I do? Quicken would be useless.