Known Issue: Missing Clock icon in Debt registers

John_M
John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
I posted this in the "Quicken for Mac v6.0 Released" discussion on November 23, but since no one has commented on my entry, I am posting in a new question to make this issue more visible.

In v6.0, the way that transaction reminders are shown was changed. There is how account settings are now edited:

All of the registers are now supposed to have the clock icon in the upper right corner just below the search bar. This is true for all my accounts, except for the debt accounts. Instead, there is a gear icon, which when clicked on brings you to the screen above. So there is no way to change how far in advance payments are shown in these accounts.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @John_M   I have a debt account, and it displays the clock icon just like other accounts. (I don't have a debt account set up as a loan, though, so if that's what you're referring to, it may be different?)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The reason (not that I agree with it) is that Loan accounts don't have a register per se. At least not a "Transactions" section like other accounts. Instead, they have Progress, Payments and What If. The Payments section, however, operates very much like the Transactions section of the other account types, including the ability to schedule future transactions. Therefore, I agree that it should have the ability to control display of future transactions via the clock icon. But as @John_M says, it does not. 

Not sure if I would consider this a bug or a feature request. I'd submit it via the Help > Report a Problem menu and also perhaps a call to Quicken Support to see what they say.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to you both for responding.

@jacobs As you suspected, the two accounts are set up as loans.

@RickO Although I cannot go back to v5.x to check, I am almost positive that loan accounts allowed future scheduled transactions to be displayed the way other accounts do. I can tell you that future transactions in my loan accounts do currently show in the register according to my old settings (Next 7 Days). For that reason, I don't think it is a "feature" but rather a bug. Since future transactions show, there should be a way to control how long into the future.

I will submit a bug request. Maybe it will get done right after the one I submitted in March!
  • jmine83
    jmine83 Member ✭✭✭
    Where did the setting go to specify that I want to see the next 12 months of scheduled transactions? I added a new Car Loan account and it's missing. All my other previous loan accounts show scheduled transactions sourced from my Checking Account just fine, but only the new loan isn't.

In above screen capture, this is the Account Settings view of the new Car Loan I added. Within the selected Display Options tab, observe that Scheduled Transactions provides a description of how to control and specify these transactions in the account. Thus describing to look for some kind of clock icon that appears above the register.

In the above screen capture, this shows the Payments view of the new Car Loan I added. Observe that no such clock icon appears here nor on the Progress or What If Tabs either. In this view, observe that no scheduled transactions are appearing at all.

In the above screen capture, this is the Checking Account from which funds to pay for the Car Loan are withdrawn from. Observe the date 03/20/2021 of scheduled transaction, containing a transfer payment into the Car Loan account. Therefore in second screen capture provided showing the Car Loan view in the Payments tab, it should be showing the same scheduled transaction there too, but it isn't. If I change the scheduled transaction to Mark as Paid, then the expected payment on the Car Loan account view does appear successfully.

Observe that in this Checking Account view, the clock icon to specify how far to see scheduled payments into the future is available here. Yet, the clock icon is missing from the Car Loan account, so where is it?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Hello @jmine83

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. This is a known bug and is currently being investigated.

If you have not done so already, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue to contribute more information to the research of this issue. Please include "QMAC-20026" as the subject of the report. 

I will be sure to update this post as soon as more details become available on a fix for this issue.

-Quicken Tyka

QMAC-20026
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Ongoing 3/15/21 

No ETA is available.

QMAC-20026
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Ongoing 5/27/21 

No ETA is available.

QMAC-20026
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING 6/28/21

This issue is still in progress with no ETA available.

(QMAC-20026)