Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Mobile App Transactions NEVER upload to Quicken

In order to save time I enter my transactions into QM so they will download into Q-PC when I open it to handle my bills. The only problem is they never do. All that does happen is that every new day that I open the QM app is that it is demanded that I re-verify the lone credit card account used on the app. All I want QM to do is upload the transactions I enter to Q-PC.

Also, Quicken, fix the link on the website for "contact support". It "mysteriously" doesn't work on two different browsers....

Answers

• Hello @Jetpilot86

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like the mobile and desktop aren't communicating properly in this case. lets try here to reset the cloud. 

First we'll just want to make sure we're up to date. We can check this by going across the top to help > Check for updates.  Once we're up to date we'll try resetting the cloud. To reset the cloud navigate across the top to edit > Preferences > mobile and web > Reset your cloud data. Once the reset is done we can double check to see if we're able to upload transactions.

Sign out and back in of the mobile application so that it refreshes and then  try putting in a test transaction and then updating the transactions. Double check in Quicken to see if there's a test transaction.

Depending how it goes we'll see what else we can try if that doesn't work. Additionally sometimes the talk to support button on the support page may not work due to popups not being allowed. I would double check the article down below with the browser you are using.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7870684/faq-talk-to-support-does-not-respond#latest

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Version R 30.14, the program says it's the latest.

I did all of the above and I had to manually click Mobile & Sync > Cloud Sync for the test transaction to import. One Step Sync did not work after 3 separate attempts.

I then confirmed this with a two other test transactions and verified that before I attempted to One Step Sync, that the transactions had uploaded to the Q web app, it had, and it still would not download to Q-PC using One Step Update.

One Step Update is the problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jetpilot86,

Thank you for the update and for trying the steps provided by @Quicken Francisco, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists and apologize for not having received a follow-up response yet.

I suggest you try to validate your data file by following the steps below--
    1. First Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate File
    6. Ok
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super Validate.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ran SuperValidate
    Entered a test transaction in Q-App
    Verified transaction uploaded to Q-on the Web.
    Attempted a One Step Update 3 times, the Q-app transaction did not download to Q-PC
    Ran Cloud Sync and test transaction appeared within seconds.

One Step Update still not talking to Q on the Web. No changes from original post.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for trying those steps and providing us with an update, though I apologize that the issue continues to persist and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

Next, could you please check to make sure that Sync to Quicken Cloud is selected in your One Step Update Settings? To do so, please navigate to Tools > One Step Update..., and enter your Vault Password (if prompted). Once the One Step Update Settings window opens, look for the Sync to Quicken Cloud checkbox (illustration below). If the checkbox is not checked, go ahead and check the box. Then, click Apply and Update Now.

If the checkbox was successfully applied, you should see "Updating your data..." and "Waiting..." under Online Services while the One Step Update is processing (illustration below) to indicate that Cloud Sync is in progress.

Once One Step Update is completed, the One Step Update Summary screen will open (or if you have it set to not automatically show, then navigate to Tools > One Step Update Summary) and under the Online Services section, it should show a green bubble with Cloud Sync Successful right next to it (illustration below).

If the above process ran smoothly, then close and reopen Quicken and try running another One Step Update to see if it successfully saved the setting for Sync to Quicken Cloud to automatically run with One Step Update. 

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • This probably should have been the first thing you suggest as a solution to my problem, as it is the most obvious and simple to correct, unfortunately this is not the problem either.

However, just to make sure, I reviewed that the box was checked, it was, and that the account in question was also checked. It was and in fact it is the only account I sync to the cloud as most of my other accounts will not allow access to Quicken Mobile.

So, I unchecked the box, synced. Closed out Quicken for a few minutes, re-opened, re-checked, re-confirmed the account is checked. I then re-synced again and none of the transactions logged in QM and showing on Q-Web downloaded into Quicken PC.

Also, as before, manually clicking Mobile & Web > Cloud Sync instantly imported all the transactions.

One Step Update is still hopelessly broken.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Jetpilot86

Thank you for the response and the additional details. I apologize that we have been unable to solve this issue in the Community.

I would next recommend contacting support directly for assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

If you are still unable to reach out to support, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here to enable popups.

Please let us know how it goes with support.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Anja
    edited December 2020
    Hello @Jetpilot86,

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting instructions previously provided and consistently providing an update afterward.

Unfortunately, since the previous steps provided have failed thus far, at this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize that our efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you.

Click here for Quicken Support's Hours of Operation.
    -Quicken Anja
  • I am having this exact issue....still unresolved!! I've call quicken support support several times and it seems like it is resolved until a day or two later and pops back up again.

If you get this resolved please post the resolution.