Change category group on category

I have R30.10 with the new custom category groups. I need to change the category group on an existing category to a different standard category group. There does not appear to be a way to do this now. I've found the "Assign Category Groups" function, but it is limited to custom category groups. I see no way to change the category group to a different standard category group using this feature. Please advise.

Answers

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    If you want to move a category from one standard category group to another standard category group, you will need to change the tax line.  That will likely present issues with reporting et al.   Image. 

So, most (not all) standard category group categories are defined by their tax line assignment.   The "investments" and "transfers" standard category groups appear to be defined by the category naming convention itself (eg. _IntInc).  

As you might know, you can move a category from a standard category group to a custom category group. Or, you can move a category from one custom category group to another custom category group.  Image - Assign Category Group dialog.

shawn said:
    I have R30.10 with the new custom category groups. 
    I'm not aware of any new/improved feature in R30.10 regarding custom category groups.  Custom Asset Classes yes in R30.9 but that's a different animal.

Check out "help" in the Assign Category Group dialog. for more details.