Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Investments (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Default for "Specify Lots"

Quicken currently only allows you to specify a First In/First Out or Last In/First Out default for investment transaction downloads. This is not very helpful. Users should be able to specify "Minimum Gain" or "Maximum Gain" as a default. The download and accepting process becomes very tedious for dozens of transactions since this functionality is not present.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for reference ... this is where these settings are made, individually by account:

Everyone, including the person who initiated this discussion …
    If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.

Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.
    Adding extra comments helps, but does not automatically increment the vote count.

Every vote counts!

For additional information about idea posts please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest

• Thank you for your response, but you clearly did not read my comment. As I stated, Quicken allows you to specify either First In/First Out or Last In/First Out as the default share allocation, but it does not allow you to specify Minimum Gain or Maximum Gain. This creates a large problem when you have dozens of transactions to download and accept since you have to manually specify the lots for each and every trade. Please vote for my comment/suggestion.