I would like the budget display to open with the categories closed. Is there a way to do that?

IAHawk
IAHawk Member ✭✭
I am using Version 5.18.2 (Build 518.35919.100) on OSX El Capitan.

The budget display opens with all the income and expense categories expanded, i.e the subcategories are shown. The resulting display is too large and complex for me to comprehend so I normally go through and close them. This allows me to proceed from the simple to the comprehensive when I see a need to do so, i.e. if a category is "out of whack" I expand that category to find out why and I close it once I've resolved the issue.

And of course if you leave the budget to work on an account register when you return to budgeting again there expanded once more

I don't believe there is a setting which allows this. If there is please point me to it.

I understand that others may have a different opinion, but the option do either in a future release would be a good solution.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @IAHawk You're not missing anything (unfortunately). It would be good if they added the same controls they've added for reports: an expand all/collapse all button, and that the expand/collapse settings persist when you return to your budget. Unfortunately, the budget is coded very differently than reports, so they'd need to re-invent all of that for budgets. But I agree that it would be helpful to have more control over budgets, which definitely can be a bit overwhelming.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your comments. Is there a mechanism for inputting suggestions to the Quicken developers or whoever makes those decisions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @IAHawk

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have changed your post to an idea so that others may vote on this feature. Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

When Ideas have gained enough traction, they are reviewed by our development team for future consideration.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~