Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Auto fill on Payee, but not on Memo

jadiegiorgis
jadiegiorgis Windows Beta Beta
The configuration to allow the Payee to auto fill as I am typing also causes the Memo to pre-fill with the Memo from a previous transaction for the same payee.  I want to be have the Payee auto fill, but I do not want the Memo to auto fill based on a previous transaction.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your Memorized Payee List create or change the entry that matches your transaction for this payee.
    Blank out the Memo field or put "." in it.
    Set the amount to 0.00 or the desired amount.
    Mark the entry as "Lock and leave the entry unchanged ...".
    This last setting will give you an entry you can use for every new transaction.
    Delete any unneeded duplicate MPL entries for this payee.
  • katieb809
    katieb809 Member
    This solution isn't working for me, though my problem may be a bit different. Every single entry has Downloaded Transaction in the Memo field and I have to continually go in and delete the memo field so my reports are not cluttered. How do I change it so it will stop automatically entering Downloaded Transaction each time?
  • Barry T
    Barry T Member ✭✭
    > @katieb809 said:
    > This solution isn't working for me, though my problem may be a bit different. Every single entry has Downloaded Transaction in the Memo field and I have to continually go in and delete the memo field so my reports are not cluttered. How do I change it so it will stop automatically entering Downloaded Transaction each time?

I am also having this problem and cant find a suitable solution.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're letting Quicken automatically generate a new transaction from downloaded data, I'm afraid, there's nothing that can be done to prevent a downloaded Memo text from being stored in the register transaction.
    Only if you manually record a new transaction using an MPL entry as a model transaction before downloading will you be able to avoid a downloaded Memo text from overwriting the existing transaction's Memo text or "."
    If the bank downloads a lot of extraneous garbage or otherwise unwanted text, please contact the bank and ask them to change that.