Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Errors when Quicken matches Credit Card Transactions

I have a couple of weekly credit card transactions, same vendors - same amounts, that Quicken always sees as matches when I download transactions even though each are separated by several days. Is there any way to stop this from happening for these specific vendors so I don't have to keep manually unmatching them?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    GolferJim said:
    Financial Institution: Citibank
    Connection Method: Express Web Connect
    If the credit card account is available for download at Citi Cards, I suggest you switch financial institutions and use the Direct Connect connection method.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    An accepted transaction should not be available to be matched to a downloaded  transaction.   Note: Accepted transactions should have a unique read-only Downloaded ID field.  
  • I can only tell you what is happening. I download and accept a transaction on Sunday. Then on Wednesday I have a similar transaction downloaded (same vendor, same amount) that Quicken says is a match. Why?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GolferJim said:
    I can only tell you what is happening. I download and accept a transaction on Sunday. Then on Wednesday I have a similar transaction downloaded (same vendor, same amount) that Quicken says is a match. Why?
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

I suggest you perform the Copy and Validate instructions described within: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Financial Institution: Citibank
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    GolferJim said:
    Financial Institution: Citibank
    If the credit card account is available for download at Citi Cards, I suggest you switch financial institutions and use the Direct Connect connection method.