Split Transactions within Memorized Transactions Not Working

Ron
Ron Member ✭✭
I am using Quicken for Windows R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14. I noticed that my memorized payee transactions, which I have built up over several years, were not correct. When I looked at the list, maybe 80% now say they were last used on November12. I know this isn't correct. What I also noticed is that the memorized payee lists that had a split, it only lists the first category of the split as the entire transaction. For instance, if I went to the store and listed a transaction as a split with several categories, when I look at the memorized payee list, it only listed the first category as the entire transaction.

Today I entered a transaction with 5 splits (5 different categories). I clicked to memorize the transaction, which it did. However when I look at the memorized payee list, it does show as a split transaction but only the first category of my memorized split show up.

Every month I validate the file and have had no errors.

I am at a loss to figure out why this is happening. And I am not syncing the file so it appears to not be a problem with what is in the cloud.

So basically the memorized payee transactions are useless.

Answers

• Rad
    Rad Member
    Memorized payee category and split details are consistently incorrect. When you edit and correct recurring memorized payee split information, it is not retained?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rad said:
    Memorized payee category and split details are consistently incorrect. When you edit and correct recurring memorized payee split information, it is not retained?
    I suggest you save a backup (press Ctrl + B) and rebuild your Memorized Payee List: press Ctrl + Shift and select Tools > Memorized Payee List
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rad said:
    Try turning off syncing to Quicken cloud. This is what has caused my issues, I have had syncing to Quicken cloud and have no issues.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron said:
    I am using Quicken for Windows R30.14, Build 27.1.30.14. I noticed that my memorized payee transactions, which I have built up over several years, were not correct. When I looked at the list, maybe 80% now say they were last used on November12. I know this isn't correct. What I also noticed is that the memorized payee lists that had a split, it only lists the first category of the split as the entire transaction.

That's almost certainly a result of a EWC sync of some sort.  Happened to me on 11/14 and probably 80% of my memorized payees had a last used date of 11/14.  I also noticed that many of the memorized transactions had no Category listed at all, even if the original memorized payee had no splits.
    Since I have only one Account that uses EWC I've made sure "Sync" is off and have made sure that Account is no longer connected.
    It seems like the The Hippocratic Oath of an accounting program should "first, do no harm to the data."  This appears to be a case where that oath was violated.
  • Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I'll turn sync off and do manual downloads from my banks and see if that does anything. I've got a problem with syncing with my banks recently anyway and still haven't figured out why that isn't working as well.

As a retired systems analyst I used to drive myself crazy checking out any new systems update before it was released. Having used Quicken for 20+ years it seems like their quality control is very lacking in the recent years.
  • How do I turn off sync? All my memorized transactions have lost the category splits. Including old transactions entered weeks ago. I have restored from a recent back up, but the Payee list has no splits now.
  • Hello @jerryhatton1021

Thank you for the question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Please go into the One Step Update Settings and see if you have the option to "Sync to the Quicken Cloud" checked.

If this is checked, please uncheck this option and see if this prevents further issues.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ron
    Ron Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I will give it a try.
  • peter B
    peter B Member
    edited December 2020
    I have been using memorized transactions with splits for years. all of a sudden, they stopped working. Is this another removal of features that quicken is know for.
    I used to import a transaction from my Financial Institution and Quicken would utilize the memorized payee transaction which had allocations for various tax categories as well as allotments to different accounts. All of a sudden, this feature has stopped working.
    It picks up the name of the memorized transaction but not the splits in that transaction. this question was raised in this forum earlier this year and no resolution was provided but the discussion was closed.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Quicken Cloud sync on? If so, you need to turn it off (this has been an issue for several releases).
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm now on Windows version R31.5 and still having the same problem. When will this be fixed?
  • I have noticed this for awhile. I use split transactions a lot for stores like Walmart where I am getting both groceries and household items. So I will have 'Walmart G & M'. The first time on a new session there are no memorized transactions that have the split. Yet when I enter a split transaction I have memorized one to use for that session. I am currently on R30.21 but I don't know when it first started cropping up, I was hoping it would be fixed in a future update but it hasn't.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review the QuickFill and Memorized Payees preferences: select Edit > Preferences...

If the issue persists, I suggest you rebuild the Memorized Payee Listhttps://www.quicken.com/support/error-memorized-transaction-list-full-or-memorized-transactions-stop-working

• djsalisch
    djsalisch Member
    When I try entering transactions and memorized payees pop up, the category has been dropped off, or in the case of split transactions, only the first category of the previous transaction comes forward.
    Seems like this has only recently started. Must be related to an update.
  • JD99
    JD99 Member ✭✭
    I noticed the same issue too, within the last month or so.