Foreign tax form 1116

RAli
RAli Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports

How come Quicken doesn't offer the tax form 1116 as one of the tax lines to be assigned under category setup? This would enable user entered Quicken data to automatically flow to the Tax Center for planning purposes. Currently the user has to enter any foreign taxes paid (say for example on dividends) manually in the Tax Center>>Other Taxes and Credits>>Credits.

13 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RAli

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that the tax form 1116 is currently unavailable. 

I have changed your post to an idea so that others may vote on adding this to Quicken. Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

When Ideas have gained enough traction, they are reviewed by our development team for future consideration.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NV-VT
    NV-VT Member ✭✭
    The IRS website shows a current form 1116 for 2021. Why isn't this working in TurboTax?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @NV-VT,

I think you may be on the wrong website. Quicken is no longer associated with Turbo Tax.  Turbo Tax is an application developed and maintained by Intuit, Inc. which is Quicken's former parent company.  However, Quicken was spun out of Intuit several years ago.  Quicken is no longer connected to Turbo Tax.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -