Currency change.

Hou can i change the currency of an existing account ?

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The currency is determined at the time the account is created, and can't be changed.  If this is a non investment account you might be able to create another account and use this procedure to more the transactions to that account.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Jak said:

Can you tell us a little more about why you need to change an account's currency?
    It might be better if you leave the old account alone, except for renaming it to have "old" in the name or something similar.
    Backup your data file ... just in case ...
    Create a new account register with the new currency, as of today or whatever desired date in the past, Opening Balance 0.00
    Transfer the balance from the old account to the new account, with an exchange rate of 1:1 or as needed
    Start using the new account from now on for new transactions.
    Change all future scheduled reminders to point to the new account.
    Consider marking the old account as "closed" in Tools / Manage Hidden Accounts.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The currency is determined at the time the account is created, and can't be changed.  If this is a non investment account you might be able to create another account and use this procedure to more the transactions to that account.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Jak said:

Can you tell us a little more about why you need to change an account's currency?
    It might be better if you leave the old account alone, except for renaming it to have "old" in the name or something similar.
    Backup your data file ... just in case ...
    Create a new account register with the new currency, as of today or whatever desired date in the past, Opening Balance 0.00
    Transfer the balance from the old account to the new account, with an exchange rate of 1:1 or as needed
    Start using the new account from now on for new transactions.
    Change all future scheduled reminders to point to the new account.
    Consider marking the old account as "closed" in Tools / Manage Hidden Accounts.
This discussion has been closed.