Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

TD Ameritrade hasn't worked for months

I always get an OL 297 "unable to connect" error. I don't have this issue with any other of my 20 financial institutions. Many months ago it worked fine so I still had the account set up. When that failed repeatedly, I tried to se up a new TD Ameritrade account. I tried using my on-line credentials and got the "unable to connect" error. I also tried using my account number (9 digits) and my 4 digit PIN which they say you can alternatively do. Same "unable to connect" issue. My internet security settings in Windows is set to "USE TLS 1.2" and I ran a test and determine that my firewall is not blocking the connection. Again this only happens with this financial institution.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Dave S

I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for confirming you've tried the steps above. It sounds like we may need to contact TD Ameritrade support. With the accounts being direct connect you're unable to connect to their servers they use for Quicken. They'll have more information on what exactly is going on so that they're able to get your accounts back up and running. Once you're able to contact them let us know how it goes! I'll also leave their link down below so you're able to find their contact number easily.

https://www.tdameritrade.com/why-td-ameritrade/contact-us.page

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Dave S

Thank you for taking the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for the frustration that this has caused.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists, I would recommend waiting 48 hours to see if the issue resolves itself.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭
    thanked you for the info. I had done all of those things prior to posting so this didn't resolve my Quicken issue.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Dave S

I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for confirming you've tried the steps above. It sounds like we may need to contact TD Ameritrade support. With the accounts being direct connect you're unable to connect to their servers they use for Quicken. They'll have more information on what exactly is going on so that they're able to get your accounts back up and running. Once you're able to contact them let us know how it goes! I'll also leave their link down below so you're able to find their contact number easily.

https://www.tdameritrade.com/why-td-ameritrade/contact-us.page

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • RandyJas
    RandyJas Member
    I have the same exact problem. Still can't fix it. Does anyone have a solution to this?