Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

For the last few days my Express Web Connect downloads stopped working when using VPN

For the last few days my "Express Web Connect" downloads stopped working when I am using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to connect to my work VPN from my home computer. My "Express Web Connect" downloads used to work prior to this even when I was connected to my work VPN. I tried updating Quicken to the latest version and that did not help. My "Direct Connect" downloads continue to work properly while connected to my work VPN.

If I disconnect from my work VPN my "Express Web Connect" downloads will work.

It was odd and confusing when this happened because I often would leave my VPN connection to work connected all the time, sometimes for a week or more, and never had a problem with any downloads. I have been working from home constantly for the past 9 months due to the pandemic and it is only in the last few days that I started to see this problem.

Anyway if I continue to encounter this problem I now know that I can disconnect from my work VPN and all of my downloads will work correctly.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @metaphormixer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I'd just like to add some clarification about what could be happening. So generally when you connect to quicken you'd use your home networks IP and that's what quicken will look for when you're trying to download transactions using quicken servers. That's why recently you've been having issues when you're on your work VPN. DC accounts don't apply this rule as you're connecting to the banks servers rather than Quickens when you connect. 

You can have it switch over to the VPNs ip by signing out of Quicken and then signing back in while the VPN is active so you'll be able to download while being on it as well.  I can leave steps below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

I hope this might clear a bit more up on the process. I will say I'm not sure why it previously did work but hopefully that should let you get it working with your VPN again. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @metaphormixer

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I'd just like to add some clarification about what could be happening. So generally when you connect to quicken you'd use your home networks IP and that's what quicken will look for when you're trying to download transactions using quicken servers. That's why recently you've been having issues when you're on your work VPN. DC accounts don't apply this rule as you're connecting to the banks servers rather than Quickens when you connect. 

You can have it switch over to the VPNs ip by signing out of Quicken and then signing back in while the VPN is active so you'll be able to download while being on it as well.  I can leave steps below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

I hope this might clear a bit more up on the process. I will say I'm not sure why it previously did work but hopefully that should let you get it working with your VPN again. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco